The Fluid framework defines a event system which is used by many of its components. For an overview, see Infusion Event System. This page provides specific information for developers who are creating Fluid components.
- Component developers must decide what events their component will fire, based on what it does, and what they think that component users would be interested in being notified of.
- Component developers declare their events in the defaults for the component.
- The component initialization process will instantiate firers for the declared events and attached them to the component's
- Component developers must fire the events at the appropriate times.
- Component developers may add listeners to the firers, if desired.
The rest of this page discusses these points in more detail.
The general convention for naming events is to use
after prefixes for events that happen before and after certain things, such as