- User Testing Demographic Questionnaire
- Uploader Demo
- fluid:Images for users to complete tasks - Required for setup: unzip the file and put the 4 folders on the desktop of machine being used for testing
- fluid:Uploader note taking task sheets - use this for note taking and understanding common flows through tasks
- fluid:User task sheets - give these to users so they have written tasks in front of them -- give them one at time as you read it to them
- fluid:Post-test Questionnare
We're going to ask you to do a bit of role playing here. For these tasks, we'd like you to imagine you are teaching a Nutrition class this semester. It is the beginning of the semester and you'd like to show students a variety of images of foods for a discussion of their nutritional value. You'll be putting these images the image gallery webpage images from folders on your desktop onto the image gallery webpage we'll take you to in a moment. \ [http://build.fluidproject.org:8080/sakai-imagegallery2-web/site/AddImages/\]
Please choose an image of your favorite fruit from the "Fruit" folder on your desktop and put it on onto the image gallery web page.
Now choose images of your 5 favorite vegetables from the "Vegetable" folder on your desktop and put them on onto the same image gallery web page. <ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="20eb01a0-a13a-47a4-b00f-d1a574d1fe71"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
Now, please post put all the images of fruit in your from the "Fruit" folder on your desktoponto the image gallery web page. [fluid:There should be an error for message saying that some of the files they had have already been uploaded , once the upload is complete and the errors appear ask themand asking if they should be replaced or if the action should be canceled (I'm guessing that's what happens...)] What would you do now?
***This is a placeholder for a task that gives the user an error message and thus the "retry" buttonan opportunity to cancel or retry. We need to determine if we can complete development done to make this happen. The retry isn't implemented yet. You can see the retry in storyboards (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Uploader+Storyboard+-+Upload+with+Error)
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="34c94b1a-a576-4d13-923f-cd681d3cd14e"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
Now put all files the images from the "Misc." folder on the desktop onto the image gallery web page. [fluid:As soon as they start the upload, tell them...] Actually, that was not the folder you meant to upload , what from/not the images you meant to upload. What would you do ?
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="8eeab58a-88b2-4bfe-b3a5-c13998c3b670"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
And your to stop this particular task and move onto another?
Your last task is to put the images for your top 3 picks of three herbs and meats into of your choice onto the image gallery toolweb page. [fluid:Want to see if they user the "add more" to select from multiple folders]
Have the user fill this out on their own before asking them the post-test questions below.
NOTE: Ask these verbally after the user has filled out the post-test questionnaire.
- If Did you noticed notice you could upload multiple several files at once? If so, how did you know that?
- Did you have see any indication of the progress of you your activity?
- What did you think of adding files from multiple folders? Was it easy to do?
- Could you tell how much longer the upload would take? Did you careWas that important for you to know?
- Did you know when the file(s) were had been uploaded successfully uploaded? How?
- If Did you encountered encounter any error messages, were ? Were they helpful in telling you what to do next?
- What did you like most about uploading using this tool to upload files?
- What did you like least about uploading filesit?
- Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your experience getting putting images onto the image gallery page? Do you have any suggestions for how it could have worked better for you?
Note title Facilitation Tips
- Ask the participant to think aloud.
- Help the participant to speak freely
- Distance yourself from the product.
- Don't react.
- Don't interrupt.
- Don't draw attention to specific issues that you care about.
- Don't ask leading questions.
- Don't lead with your note-taking (meaning only taking notes when the participant does something interesting).
- Don't help
- Test the system, not the user
- Capture themes, not every action
- Thank your participants