Please choose an image of your favorite fruit from the "Fruit" folder on your desktop and put it on the image gallery page.
Now choose images of your 5 favorite vegetables from the "Vegetable" folder on your desktop and put them on the same image gallery web page.
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="77185b75792a3053-070b844c-4905405c-999aa03f-68668f37d65b8e3a4bd703fb"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
Now, please post all the images of fruit in your "Fruit" folder on your desktop. [There should be an error for the files they had already uploaded, once the upload is complete and the errors appear ask them...] What would you do now?
***This is a placeholder for a task that gives the user an error message and thus the "retry" button. We need to determine if we can development done to make this happen. The retry isn't implemented yet. You can see the retry in storyboards (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Uploader+Storyboard+-+Upload+with+Error)
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="46042a9b6e283da4-f2a0b1a1-4f7e4746-885dab9f-82940c51a4961eb445b495c8"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
Now put all files from the "Misc." folder on the desktop. [As soon as they start the upload, tell them...] Actually, that was not the folder you meant to upload, what would you do?
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="690403eddda0793f-ea251c66-45d44c16-96f1a29f-aa8852696098764ef418af15"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
And your last task is to put the images for your top 3 picks of herbs and meats into the image gallery tool. [Want to see if they user the "add more" to select from multiple folders]
Have the user fill this out on their own before asking them the post-test questions below.
NOTE: Ask these verbally after the user has filled out the post-test questionnaire.
- If you noticed you could upload multiple files at once, how did you know?
- Did you have any indication of the progress of you your activity?
- What did you think of adding files from multiple folders?
- Could you tell how much longer the upload would take? Did you care?
- Did you know when the file(s) were successfully uploaded? How?
- If you encountered any error messages, were they helpful?
- What did you like most about uploading files?
- What did you like least about uploading files?
- Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your experience getting images onto the image gallery page?
Note title Facilitation Tips
- Ask the participant to think aloud.
- Help the participant to speak freely
- Distance yourself from the product.
- Don't react.
- Don't interrupt.
- Don't draw attention to specific issues that you care about.
- Don't ask leading questions.
- Don't lead with your note-taking (meaning only taking notes when the participant does something interesting).
- Don't help
- Test the system, not the user
- Capture themes, not every action
- Thank your participants