Please choose an image of your favorite fruit from the "Fruit" folder on your desktop and put it on onto the image gallery web page.
Now choose images of your 5 favorite vegetables from the "Vegetable" folder on your desktop and put them on onto the same image gallery web page.
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="9a17109b1c5e8930-238f70aa-49fd46af-9eba8429-fa36e53aac100290d8402d09"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
Now, please put all the images of fruit from the "Fruit" folder on onto the image gallery web page. [There should be an error for message saying that some of the files they had have already been uploaded , once the upload is complete and the errors appear ask themand asking if they should be replaced or if the action should be canceled (I'm guessing that's what happens...)] What would you do now?
***This is a placeholder for a task that gives the user an error message and thus the "retry" buttonan opportunity to cancel or retry. We need to determine if we can complete development to make this happen. The retry isn't implemented yet. You can see the retry in storyboards (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Uploader+Storyboard+-+Upload+with+Error)
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="313e3af5f3e1ff3f-d224e579-47484d7a-b596bad4-881a8d6b5c0666d94d02a94c"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
Now put all the images from the "Misc." folder on the desktop onto the image gallery web page. [As soon as they start the upload, tell them...] Actually, that was not the folder you meant to upload , what from/not the images you meant to upload. What would you do to stop this particular task and move onto another?
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="9b880f81cd795b1f-3b907194-42ef4be0-9e74bbb0-40f9ae18c56d8a477840e7a7"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
And your Your last task is to put the images for your top 3 pick of both three herbs and meats on of your choice onto the image gallery web page. [Want to see if they user the "add more" to select from multiple folders]
NOTE: Ask these verbally after the user has filled out the post-test questionnaire.
- If Did you noticed notice you could upload multiple several files at once? If so, how did you know that?
- Did you have see any indication of the progress of your activity?
- What did you think of adding files from multiple folders? Was it easy to do?
- Could you tell how much longer the upload would take? Did you careWas that important for you to know?
- Did you know when the file(s) were had been uploaded successfully uploaded? How?
- If Did you encountered encounter any error messages, were ? Were they helpful in telling you what to do next?
- What did you like most about uploading using this tool to upload files?
- What did you like least about uploading filesit?
- Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your experience getting putting images onto the image gallery page? Do you have any suggestions for how it could have worked better for you?
Note title Facilitation Tips
- Ask the participant to think aloud.
- Help the participant to speak freely
- Distance yourself from the product.
- Don't react.
- Don't interrupt.
- Don't draw attention to specific issues that you care about.
- Don't ask leading questions.
- Don't lead with your note-taking (meaning only taking notes when the participant does something interesting).
- Don't help
- Test the system, not the user
- Capture themes, not every action
- Thank your participants