Reference: User Testing Protocol
Scenario 1 - Enter an Assignment into LMS
You are a professor in the School of Journalism and are entering your assignments for the year into the bSpace learning management system. You've already entered some of the later assignments you'd created in previous years. You just finished the brand-new first assignment of the semester and are ready to enter it.
- Enter a new assignment titled "Yellow Journalism."
- The assignment should open on August 3rd, 2007 at 10:50am when class starts.
- The assignment is due on August 17th, 2007 at 5pm.
- You will accept the assignment until August 17th, 2007 at 11:59pm.
- Open any of the pop-up calendars for a particular date (e.g. open, due or accept until) and double check all your dates.
- Change the "Due Date" to September 17th, 2007.
- Change the "Accept Until" date to August 17th, 2008.
Notes for Test Coordinator
Offering help during the test
Don't offer help; let the user attempt to perform the task themselves. If they ask for help reply with:
- "What do you think you/that would do?"
- "What do you think that means?"
You want to observe whether the user has trouble:
- Picking dates
- Picking times
- Moving forward a month or a year on the calendar
- Understanding the colors and selected dates on the calendar
- Moving or closing the calendar/time picker
- Understanding how the time picker works
Post-test questions (ask these verbally)
- If you needed to see something underneath the calendar, what would you do?
- Did you understand the meaning of the colors associated with various days on the calendar?
- How would you go to today's date on the calendar?
- How did the time picker work for you?
- Do you have any other comments about the date or time pickers?