This page will walk you through an example of adding the Fluid Rich Text Inline Edit component to an HTML file. For more general information about the Inline Edit API, see Rich Text Inline Edit API.
This tutorial assumes that:
- you are familiar with what the Inline Edit is and does
- now you just want to know how to add it to your file.
Tutorial: How to Use the Inline Edit
You've created a database to keep track of your vast collection of CDs, and you're working on a web interface for it. When viewing the details of a CD, you would like to very easily add a personal review. Prone to rambling, you know you will want to add some basic styling so the text is easier to read. This tutorial will show you how to use the Fluid Rich Text Inline Edit for this.
There are three basic steps to adding the Inline Edit to your application:
- Setup: Download and install the Fluid Infusion library
- Step 1: Prepare your Markup
- Step 2: Write the script
- Step 3: Add the required libraries to your HTML
The rest of this tutorial will explain each of these steps in detail.