Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Improve load times by using a custom Infusion build for Engage
- Generalize spinner and loading page from Browse
- Implement spinner everywhere we load data
- Generalize Browse and Navigation List structure to use it in Exhibitions, Catalogue browse by theme
- Make it configurable so that users can easily compose a combination of NavList, Cabinet, More, etc.
- Work with Hugues to determine how he will deploy Engage for the pilot
- Come up with a strategy for merging exhibit information from multiple sources (e.g. with McCord)
- Deal with HTML tags included in XML (e.g. from McCord)
- Fix bug in parser where comments appear in the document, as well as other nesting problems
- Ensure that fields with HTML inside them are treated as "innerHTML strings"
- Extend import to be able to crawl multiple data feeds (e.g. McCord exhibit + artifacts)
- Import a good, fresh snapshot of all the McCord data for the pilot
- Upgrade to Couch 0.10
- Implement the language preferences screen using cookie support
- Localization: ensure all components load Strings from a properties file or strings: option
- Translate our strings to French (McCord)
- Ensure all data feeds accept a language parameter and that results are returned correctly
- Create Couch views to retrieve documents in one language or the other
- Import French data
- Implement a home page with links to Exhibitions, My Collection, Object Code, Language Preferences, and Login
Next/Previous Item Paging
- Fix paging to open at a particular page
- Currently, when you click on an artifact, you don't see it, instead you see the first in the batch list
- Refactor paging to conform to Pager Model
- Update ArtifactView to use this, and integrate into NavBar
- Implement Navigation Bar functionality for a variety of components
- Up/down arrow for Artifact View
- Back and should appear wherever appropriate
- Optional support for list/grid toggle
- Share code with Paging to fetch data
- Write code to accumulate up a "growing model" and rerender the component
- Fetch (shared with Paging), change model, rerender (implemented in NavList)
- Move "More" and Paging concerns out
- Refactor as a "Thumbnail + Title + Description List" component (if necessary)
- Add support for refreshing views in NavigationList
Exhibit View and Browse
- Code review and refinements to:
- Exhibit Main and About (a.k.a. View)
- Exhibit Browse
- Exhibit Catalog
- Update Exhibit View to match Main and About wireframes
- Create Guest Book component
- Requires creating the Comment component as well
- Update Catalog to match wireframes
- Includes support for toggling between list and grid views
- Review Sveto's My Collection and plan next steps
- Determining if we can reuse or redesign aspects of it including list/grid view toggle
- See if the Fliquor demo also has similar code to reuse
- Implement my collection email
- Maybe implement this a simple service; we sent the collection information to a "mailer" data service
- Remove reordering from mobile version of My Collection
- Implement desktop web version of My Collection
- Ongoing mentorship and architectural support
- Create comment input page. Includes refinements to mobile FSS
- Implement comment saving. Shadow Document? Attachments?
Login and Sign Up
- Artifact View bugs from 0.1
- Pathing issue
- Display tweaks ...
- Implement audio/video for artifacts.
- Implement up/down arrows for getting next and previous. Component needs to work with URL or data
- Remove Tags from Artifact View (removed from svn)
- Refine artifact view to handle missing data
- Update artifact view to latest wireframes
- Code review, refine, commit Sveto's changes to artifact that allows users to collect an item. Second navbar "collect"
- Description: generalize as a more/less toggle -> just a fn? Specify height in one place, externalize the truncation code.
- Integrate comment view for artifact.
- Create test plans for Voice Over screen reader with iPhone
Stuff to Punt
- (Kettle) update kettle to JSGI 0.2
- (Performance) Investigate local caching as a way of improving speed
- Finish unobtrusive screen navigator
- Remove content-specific contract: replace with "auto-portalization"
- Improve unit tests
- Implement events listing on the exhibit view page. Do we have data for the events?
- Events information page. What do those page icons do?
- Implement audio/visual links from exhibit page. Do we have data for that?
- Test reordering on iPod
- Fix Reorderer scrolling for iPod
Things to Consider
- Ensure we QA test on the iPod touch
Questions for Design
- What about upcoming exhibitions? Do we need to support them for 0.3?