Present: Alan, Catalina, Colin, Dana, Gregor, James, Julianna, Liam
- Alan updated about budgets, work is ongoing;
- will send out information shortly about DEEP conference attendance
- working with young people on storytelling through artisan work
- volunteers are signing up via social hubs / incubators throughout Mexico
- gathering material for youth to create stories about the community - about their daily lives
- classes in different social incubators in different areas in Mexico - volunteers signing up this week
- working on mockups as we flesh out more features of the storytelling tool
- most recently thinking about what it looks like to search, what categorization looks like, also translation and how to request/provide/auto
- translation and localization options for storytelling tool...
- fallback to Google translate
- requesting translation
- in the middle of the admin stuff
- not working yet with groups but this month want to get going on first part - develop services and interviews, then travel to each group
- will see Jutta tomorrow in Cartagena with Silvia
- solidifying and finalizing details of the contract
- thought of another storytelling use case - different people who have never met in same location tell the story of where they are from
- e.g. telling the story of a tree - take a picture of the thing in front of you - upload to URL - by contributing your picture - a collage or time-lapse - story of how this spot evolved over a period of time (e.g. seasons), or a housing development project - the contentiousness of that physical place - take a picture and tell me how you feel about it - Photospotz!
- want to make sure it doesn’t constitute scope creep? or just possible future directions - not to impede or dilute the design process
- will add thoughts/feedback to wiki
- Alan - working on re-allocation of budget with Oak, will talk to Jutta when possible
- James - phase 1? timelines?
- Phase 1 - to Sept 2018
- Phase 2 - Oct 2018 to Dec 2019 (end of project) - further work with youth groups and evaluations of progress through co-design discussions - feedforward process - refining tool development