The Fluid Infusion Framework is released under both the ECL 2.0 and New BSD licenses, making it widely compatible with a variety of open source licenses as well as commercial code.
All documentation is available under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
Contributor License Agreements
The Fluid community asks each contributor to sign a Contributor License Agreement, which provides a clear agreement to share code under terms amenable to Fluid's licensing strategy. In order to legally publish source code in the Fluid repository, OCAD University needs permission from the creators of the code and from the organizations for which they work. The following agreements are provided for this purpose:
Version 3.0 of the Fluid CLA and CCLA has been updated to reflect Fluid's move from University of Toronto to OCAD University.
- The Individual Contributor License Agreement (CLA) - to be signed by each code creator
- The Corporate Contributor License Agreement (CCLA) - to be signed by an appropriate person in the organization has been updated to reflect the move to OCAD University.
Signed agreements should be faxed to Iris Neher at the Inclusive Design Research Centre at 416-977-9844.
Source Code License
Fluid Infusion is licensed under both the ECL 2.0 and BSD 3-clause licenses. Newer Fluid community-supported projects may be licensed under the BSD 3-clause license alone.
There are two steps involved in this. A Fluid LICENSE file containing the full text of both the ECL 2.0 and BSD licenses resides at the top of the trunk of the Fluid repository. A short copyright notice and reference to the full LICENSE file is embedded as a comment at the beginning of each source code file. A template for this embedded license text is provided.
Note that it is also possible to override the Fluid LICENSE file by including an alternate LICENSE file in a subdirectory. For example, this could be used for properly licensing a third party toolkit if it is included in the Fluid repository.
Documentation + Artifact License
Fluid Project, Floe Project by Inclusive Design Research Centre is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://wiki.fluidproject.org.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Fluid+Licensing.
Licenses for Other Project We're Involved In
- Fluid Infusion and Engage are licensed with ECL 2.0 / BSD and with CC as outlined above.
- The Infusion Keyboard Accessibility plugins are licensed, in alignment with jQuery, under both the MIT and GPL licenses, since this is code we wish to share with the jQuery community.
- Decapod is licensed with ECL 2.0 / BSD, with CC, and with Apache 2 on the OCRopus end. A copy of the COPYING.txt is available here.
- CollectionSpace is licensed under the ECL 2.0.