Presenters: Parinaz Mizban
The intent of my research is the development of new theoretical concepts for inclusive design. This research focuses on exploratory ‘empathic observation’ and attempts to find the perception for a needed paradigm shift. Non-physical factors in architectural space are proposed as a key affordance for amplifies the strength of designs for a sensory and soulful spatial design. The movement begins from the real world toward sensory relationships and then to the perception of continuity of senses in creating thought, mentality, spirit. The next step of this movement leads to moving to poeticism in order to create something beyond the senses. That is a world of imagination, dreams. Finally, this movement returns to the real world to provide the architectural pattern to expand inclusive design and has a captivating place.
- Gaston Bachelard ("Poetics of Space")
- Topophilia = love the space
- Rachel Whiteread = artist whose works primarily talk about negative space
- Pierre Sansot ("Poetics of City")
- He said when you sit in a bistro with a newspaper that means you want to speak to someone
- When you are in a cafe with a newspaper you don't want to speak to someone
- Roland Barthes
- Semiotics = to know the city you must know the culture of the people
- Emic-Etic = is it the people that make the city or city make the people?
- Sensory relationship:
- tactile = touch is