Presenters: Simon Bates
An Infusion Pattern Language
Creative User Rights
- Pattern language might be good to express design thinking
- Pattern language for Infusion:
- What could be pattern languages for Infusion?
- Technical patterns?
- More scope to do more there.
- What pattern languages are in the broad sense.
- Pattern languages are an approach to documenting design strategies/solutions in the 1960s.
- Christopher Alexander
- book series:
- The Timeless Way of Building (1979)
- A Pattern Language (1977)
- The Oregon Experiment (1975)
- looks for patterns in time and space
- cannot separate these - e.g. watching the world go by, sitting on the porch
- Writing generative patterns – recording them in a way that they can be reused, not just documenting observations.
- Only interested in patterns with "the quality without a name"
- Richard Gabriel, Patterns of Software
- How they are applied to computer software.
- What a pattern language for Infusion might be.