Presenter: Rob Carr
The session will engage you in a conversation about what sort of accessibility attributes we can document in this early design phase. We will work with sample wireframes and develop a common language to use to pass along to developers so that accessibility remains at the forefront of design and implementation.
- Need to integrate accessibility from the start
- The annotation language used to describe the a11y in the wireframes should fit your community
- provide a glossary in a separate document to define the terms in the notes
- e.g., "skip nav" is noted in the wireframe; the glossary defines what a "skip nav" is and its function.
- Examples of things to describe
- tab order
- controls for interactive widgets (e.g. carousels require play/pause and etc, and individual panels may have links and other interactive elements within that need to be accessible)
- skip links