Notes from Sonification Interview videos
FL tested with #605, 606, 607 (Early Sep)
FL tested with #603, 602, 608, 609 (Late Sep, early Oct)
These interviews are working from v1.4.0-jump.9 build of FL (currently 1.4.0-dev.54)
PhET io sonification wrapper 1.0.0-dev.77
Listened to most of DOM descriptions, and self initiated movement
Generally too many alerts
Sonification and text alert mismatch
- For #603 at 2:25, magnet inside coil and hit the top of coil. "bong" sound heard, but text alert says: "magnet at center of play area".
- Text alert creating confusion because it's not describing what the "bong" sound means
- Conversely, the example of the edge bump is good because the text alert explains the sound.
- Text alerts should prioritize coil proximity first (as mentioned by TS in Github issue comments), then magnet location.
- "Magnet at middle-right edge of play area" alert seemed good. User immediately reversed directions (#603)
- Simplify this to just say: "At edge" or "At edge of play area", or remove all together (edge bump may be sufficient).