Primary Persona - Sarah Windsor
Sara taught at the University of Pennsylvania before joining MIT 2 years ago. She is married with 2 kids and stays extremely busy teaching an undergrad psychology course for the 2nd year and a new on-line course in organizational management. She is fairly comfortable with computers. She's excited to be using technology to help with her teaching but she sees as a means to an end in order to stay in touch with students and allow them access to course resources when they need it. In fact, the LMS will replace her face-to-face communication with students for her on-line course.
She knows that even students she sees in class twice a week would like to her to be more responsive and looks to the course site to help with that. She used Blackboard at PA and notices that she has expectations based on that experience...some good, some bad.
- Build on course materials from term to term
- Not to have to ask for help
- To spend as little time as possible doing administrative work; she'll delegate to her TA's
- To get tenure (get credit for tenure for everything she does)
- Use technology to help create an engaging and interactive environment for her on-line students where she can track their progress
- To be respected by students, colleagues and dean of school
Level of Expertise / LMS Use
- Teaching for 10 years, uses software apps like Word, excel, ppt, email, on-line research.
- Has used other LMS's and has used Sakai as a compliment to her f2f interaction with students in the classroom for 2 semesters.
- She interacts with the system a lot at the beginning of the term as she sets up her site. Throughout the semester her use is sporadic.