See attachment FluidPainPoints_Layout.doc
- Main tab, logged in
Portlets look like I can move them, but I cannot by drag/drop
- Portlet Organizer/layout manager
I want to put the portlets on my page in a specific order
- Tool Orderer
- Pain point: Where is the forum tool? What order are these in?
- Tool manager: Choose tools, set them up, organize them on a page
- Site tool manager - Adding tools, renaming, reordering, etc.
- Tool Orderer/Manager (Special case of reorderer)
- Adding and removing tools from a site is available in two places in a confusing manner
- Tool orderer function big win (functionally?) but HUGE usability issues
- Current tool is unusable
- Saving work happens in many different ways on one page
- Page shifts downward when you take action on a portlet (e.g. click "^")
- Main tab, logged in--Maximize control makes everything disappear, including other tabs. Gives user concern of where they are suddenly and how to get back.
- Refreshing page, completing forms – Need to return to previous focus
- Pain point: Where am I? (Page has reloaded to top.)
- Layout customization
- Lack of clear actions
- Leads into difficult, complex interface
- Portlet manager: remove, re-add, etc.
(Same as portlet organizer)
- unclear language used in confirmation to remove "channel."
- No clear way to get back after removing
*I want to customize the portals I have on a page
Pain: This is not apparent; I never found this ability
- (Need) Attractive default page templates
- Poor handcrafted site page tools
- Page layout/organizer
- Home only tool that typically has multiples on page but what about News, etc.?
- Want to move most important to top.
- Intelligent portlet/channel controls
- Portlet container
- Poor/inconsistent icons
- Disassociated edit mode (and inconsistent)
- Portlet views
No standard or default:
- Some summary/cameo
- Some whole we pages
- Some whole complex UI
- I-frames: effect on navigation throughout application
Breaks navigation links
- Pain Point: multiple scroll bars
- Component: uPortal-like display widgets to give user control of link/potlet window