How to use the Reorderer
What is the Reorderer?
The Reorderer is designed to work across presentation technologies. We've used it in Java RSF and PHP-based applications, but it will work in any technology that can generate known element IDs and can respond to simple POST requests. The contract of the Reorderer is published and easy to implement.
- Reorderer Technical Overview
- How to Use the Reorderer
- Reorderer-Lightbox Separation of Concerns
- Reorderer in uPortal
Reorderer Road Map
The upcoming road map for the Reorderer is as follows:
- Create a public, easy-to-use API for extending layout handling behaviour
- Handle reordering non-adjacent markup such as table cells
- Better support non-orderable elements by implementing a shifting algorithm
- Allow Reorderers to be nested inside other Reorderers
- Make the drag and drop behaviour more customizable
- Improve IE and Safari 3 support
- Integrate the Reorderer into uPortal. (In progress, see Reorderer in uPortal)
For more specific details about Reorderer-related tasks and issues, please see the Reorderer component with Fluid's issue repository.