Work In Progress
This document is a work-in-progress.
The Fluid Skinning System is a group of CSS files with a specially designed modular structure and class-specific format.
It is meant to work well as both a standalone CSS foundation for your site and our components, and as the CSS engine of the [User Interface Options] component.
Please see Fluid Skinning System (FSS) for more an in-depth overview.
With FSS and [User Interface Options], we are attempting to fulfill at least 2 requirements:
- How can the user control the appearance of our components and/or a website to make it more usable for them?
- How can we deliver a look-n-feel for our components?
Currently, FSS contains:
- Wrappers and containers for quickly laying out your page, such as:
- fixed or flexible columns and page containers
- mixed column layouts
- Convenience classnames to quickly and easily create GUI elements such as :
- Basic font handling
- convenience classnames for font family, size, and formatting
- Advanced Accessbility
- easy page linearization
- tested for useabiltity effectiveness
- works with Assistive Technology by encouraging best coding practices
These features are on the horizon:
We plan on shipping 5 themes with Fluid Infusion 1.0:
- Visual Debugging theme, for viewing a pages topography
- Low, Medium, and High contrast grayscale themes
- Medium contrast blue theme (codenamed Mist) with a tutorial for learning and expanding themes
- A complete set of tutorials
- A complete API
- A test suite
- A mapping between JSR 168 and FSS classnames where appropriate