Child pages
  • Community workshops and design crits
62 more child pages
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 1220 Next »


Community meeting/workshop schedule 

On Tuesdays 2:00 PM ET, the inclusive design community gathers together to learn and discuss various topics in the form of a workshop or a design critique.

  • Workshops provide the inclusive design community an opportunity for engaging with a broader community to spur our creative processes with topics that may align with our projects, be lateral with, or challenge our ideas by providing alternative perspectives. It also provides the opportunity to make connections with the work of those in the broader community.
  • Design critique (or more informally a "crit") is an opportunity for us to come together as a small group and examine and discuss a creative artifact - a design wireframe, a persona, a newly-implemented UI or software component, etc. These design crits are informal, constructive, specific, and respectful. It's a forum where anyone from the community can bring their designs and receive feedback.

Note about dates and times: In order to be flexible, occasionally the date and times of the meetings will change. Please note these changes in the Upcoming schedule below.

To join the conversation please join us remotely through Zoom.


Due to closures related to COVID-19, community meetings will only be available remotely via Zoom

Check out the Meetings page for more reoccurring events.

Check out the Collaborate page for more ways to get involved!

Upcoming

Topic

Meeting format

Facilitator

Date / Time

TimeLinks / NotesCoordinator
Accessible Survey toolsWorkshopDavid, Gloria

Aug. 4, 2020

2 - 3:30pm ET

Agenda and notes (Google Doc)


GSoC 2020: Controller Input ProjectCritTony Atkins

Aug. 11, 2020

10 - 11am ET
Jonathan Hung
IDRC WebsiteCritCheryl LiAug. 18, 20202 - 3:30pm ET
Jonathan Hung
Community Meeting: Care for the Future (AMC Plenary screening)WorkshopCheryl LiTBDTBD

Past

Workshops from previous years can be seen on the Previous Community Workshop Topics page. Video recordings may not have captions. If you would like to contribute to captioning any of the videos, please reach out to us through the fluid-work mailing list.

Topic

Facilitator

Date

Links / Notes
Fable IntroductionAbidTuesday May 26 ( 2 - 3pm ET)Video Recording
DEEP 2020 - brainstormingGloria, VeraMay 19

Transcript

Google Doc

Slides

Problems Machine Learning can SolveTedApril 1

Video Recording

Slides

Google Doc

MyL3Sepideh, Dana, and PhilipMarch 25

Video Recording

Google Doc

(Floe) Preference Exploration and Self-Assessment (MyL3)

Designing and Programming with MultiplicityPhilip TchernavskijMarch 18Meeting Notes

Skills Development: Remote collaboration strategies

JustinMarch 11Notes (Google Doc)
Assessment ProcessLorna LoFebruary 26Video
Skills Development: Accessible web design, implementation, and validation tools and techniquesJon HungFebruary 19

Video

Audio

Notes (Google doc)

Making OCAD You - PassportIDRCFebruary 12
  • Local only
  • Special time (2 - 3pm)
Discussion about IrisbondEduardo JaureguiFebruary 5Irisbond
Kindle AccessibilityJoAnna HuntJanuary 28Special date and time (10am ET)
Machine Learning: What it can and can't do

Ted Thompson

January 22

Meeting Notes

Slides

Video Recording

Google Summer of Code 2020 planning & brainstorming
January 8Google Summer of Code 2020 with the Fluid Project

Suggested Future topics

Topic

Facilitator

Agile development: planning

Michelle
Teacher to talk about education plans (EP)Guest?
Students with learning disabilities to talk about their experiencesGuest?
People working with students on mindfulness and mental healthGuest?
Talk to people who teach children to programLighthouse Labs?
Someone from able gamers to talk about how people with various disabilities interact with gamesGuest?
People working with young adults with autismGuest?
Rose? How people engage in social connections and relationshipsGuest?
Empathy Toy
Engage with OCAD students to talk about their projects and/or areas of study. ( MDes and others)Guest?
Music TherapyTheresa
Someone who has developed software for older adults

Guest?

Someone who works with brain sensing techMuse?

Someone to talk about entrepreneurship and marketing ( how to reach people to use our software and services e.g. P4A, Outside-in, hack-a-thons, etc.)

Guest?
Latest A11y models and principles to follow, and language to use ( e.g. things that the MDes students are taught )Jutta?
Accessibility in the Toronto Public LibraryGuest?

Case Studies of User Creativity in Computing (Monthly)

  • Minecraft (led by: Michelle and other)
  • Sound Shapes ( Shaw Han??? )
  • IFTT (Jon)
  • etc

Skills Development workshops (Monthly?) Below are some examples of topics that could be covered.

  • Refreshers (e.g. using ARIA)
  • best practices
  • using new features (e.g. new CSS, HTML, JS)
  • new frameworks
  • new tools
  • design techniques
  • etc.

Offsite Visit: LocationTopicContact
Mozilla
Yura Zenevich
STEAMLabs

Underground Hack Lab?

Blooorview Research Institute

IDI Partners (e.g. UofT, Ryerson, etc)

KidsLearningCode/GirlsLearningCodeTeaching children to program
Challenges / Hack Session / WorkshopFacilitator





  • No labels