Here are the results of our user testing on the File Uploader [link to results]
User Testing Goals
For File Uploader user test we want to consider ease of use for uploading files to Sakai. Research questions/goals include:
- Do users realize they can upload files?
- Are users successful at uploading a file in general? From their computer? Another site?
- Can a user find a particular file easily?
- Do users recognize and understand intuitively how to upload files?
- Are visual affordances meaningful and helpful to users?
User Test Success Criteria
- 90% of users can successfully upload a file from their desktop.
The File Uploader will be used by a wide cross-section of students and faculty in higher educational institutions. Our user tests will focus on two rounds of testing. To start with the mockup we have to work with is only "mouse accessible" and so we will have to conduct the keyboard-only portion of the user testing later.
Our access to participants is limited primarily to students over faculty. We will try and include a few faculty. We want to test a range of non-technical and more tech savvy students as well as faculty members of the University of Toronto and UC Berkeley. For our user test with working mockup we will have 9-11 users [combination of students and faculty, but primarily students].
For earlier paper-prototyping sessions we will work with a smaller number of participants.
Method and test coordinator script for the user test.