"To Do" list for creating our Heuristic Review Protocol
As a group:
- Create list of usability and accessibility heuristics (based on recognized principles)
- Agree on evaluation/reporting format
- Work within project teams
- Look for pain across applications? Are there issues a component(s) can address well?
Within project teams:
- Agree on user profiles
- Break apps into chunks
- Create usage scenarios for focus
- Individual evaluation by 3 - 5 evaluators
- Synthesize and prioritize findings
- Brainstorm design session (identify conceptual solutions to high priority issues)
- Write and share out report
- Incorporate findings into community (some will drive component development - others can be used for general product development in the communities)
- Sakai - Integrate into requirements group. Do we need to create jira tickets? Are these really "design bugs" conceptually and thus have a different status than requirements?
- Moodle - how does this get fed back into the process?
- uPortal - how do we integrate into their requirements process? Deliver findings to the community?
Heuristic checklists to ponder