"To Do" list - User Experience Inspection Protocol
As a group:
- DONE - Create list of usabilty accessibility heuristics - use draft list to get started. In the spirit of agile, we'll refactor the list as we learn from the experience of combining the usability and accesibiliy heuristics and the cognitive walkthrough methods
- Agree on evaluation reporting format
Within the "application" teams:
- Agree on user profiles
Evaluation Process (draft)
Assumptions: Protocol has been created
- Break application into "chunks" for evaluation (highest priority areas first)
- Create usage scenarios for cognitive walkthroughs
- Individual evaluation by 3 - 5 evaluators
- Synthesize and prioritize findings
- Brainstorm design session (identify conceptual solutions to high priority issues). Are there good component candidates?
- Write and share out report
- Incorporate findings into community (some will drive component development - others can be used for general product development in the communities)
- Sakai - Integrate into requirements group. Do we need to create jira tickets? Are these really "design bugs" conceptually and thus have a different status than requirements?
- Moodle - how does this get fed back into the process?
- uPortal - how do we integrate into their requirements process? Deliver findings to the community?
- Look for pain across applications? Are there issues a component(s) can address well?
Heuristic evaluation & Cognitive walkthrough reference material:
Jacob Nielsen'sdescription and overview
Applying Heuristics to Perform a Rigorous Accessibility Inspection in a Commercial Context
Heuristic Evaluation Report Example
Usability Heuristic checklistsAccessibility Heuristic checklists