Macromedia Breeze is a web-conferencing tool that allows multiple participants to collaborate using video, audio, text chat, screen sharing and other tools, all from within a web browser.
Breeze "conference rooms" are hosted on a server and clients login using their web browser to participate.
There are three Breeze rooms available for the Fluid project to use. They are open and any one collaborating on the project is welcome to take advantage of them.
To access one of the Fluid Breeze rooms, enter one of the following web addresses into your browser:
If you want to host a Breeze meeting, but the room you want to use is occupied, then use one of the other Breeze rooms listed above.
The first time you visit the Breeze room you will see a screen that looks like this:
- In majority of cases you will enter as a Guest, so click the "Click to Enter" button under "Enter as a Guest" section.
- You will then be asked to enter your name.
- Once you have entered a descriptive name, click "Enter Room".
Depending on the hardware on your computer and the functionality you would like, you will need to configure a combination of sound output, microphone, and video camera.
To Configure your Sound Output and Microphone
- Connect your sound output device (i.e. headphones or speakers)
- In your browser, login to one of the Fluid Breeze conference rooms ("Accessing Fluid Breeze Rooms" above)
- Under the "Meeting" menu near the top-left corner of the screen, select "Audio Setup Wizard"
- Follow the prompts to configure your speakers and microphone
To Configure your Video Camera
If you use Breeze from different computers, you may need to set up Breeze again to account for different hardware.