Provide users with two ways of adjusting preferences: 1) Enabling common, very high-level preset options, or 2) Adjusting specific, granular preferences. Differentiated from the previous version by:
- Introduction of presets
- Extensibility (form of UIO can now handle addition of future preferences) & responsive design
- Search through granular preferences by name, keyword, activity, etc.
- Multiple ways to sort/categorize preferences (e.g., commonness, recency, function, etc.)
- Persistence and management of profile
Provide a small set of mid-granular preferences (< 12 total), categorized by preference function. Differentiated from the previous version by:
- Categorization (functional categories vs. more ambiguous needs)
- Reduction of granularity
- On-page, real-time preferences (instead of separate page, asynchronous preferences)
Provide very granular preferences, categorized by activity/need (e.g., "easier to see", "easier to use").