What is the Reoderer?
Examples of the Reorderer
What presentation technologies are supported?
The Reorderer is designed to work across presentation technologies. We've used it in Java RSF and PHP-based applications, but it will work in any technology that can generate known element IDs and can respond to simple POST requests. The contract of the Reorderer is published and easy to implement.
What can I Reorder?
Well, in theory, anything. The Reorderer will work with all kinds of markup you throw at it. Reorder schedules, tasks, lists, whatever you like. There are a few limitations in the current version of the Reorderer that we'll address in future releases. These include:
- The Reorderer doesn't work well when manipulating non-adjacent elements. This means that reordering table cells and other deeply nested markup doesn't work as expected.
Roadmap, Known issues, and Task List
The upcoming road map for the Reorderer is as follows:
- Create a public, easy-to-use API for extending layout handling behaviour
- Handle reordering non-adjacent markup such as table cells
- Better support non-orderable elements by implementing a shifting algorithm
- Make the drag and drop behaviour more customizable
- Improve Safari 3 support
- Integrate the Reorderer into uPortal. (In progress, see Reorderer in uPortal)
For more specific details about Reorderer-related tasks and issues, please see the Reorderer component with Fluid's issue repository.