Catalina and Christy are some of the users whose needs we primarily considered when designing the Uploader.
Fluid Personas are a collection of various types of important users whose needs we need to consider throughout the design process.
3. Users' needs
Context of use: Where in the systems we support is an uploader being used currently?
- uPortal File Upload Contexts of use
- OpenCollection File Upload Contexts of use
- Sakai File Upload Contexts of Use
- Uploader Scenarios and Use Cases
Primary & Secondary Scenarios: In what scenarios would the Uploader be used?
Wireframes What does the Uploader look like and how does it behave?
Storyboards: How, when, and where would the user use an Uploader?
- Uploader Storyboard - Simple Upload
- Uploader Storyboard - Upload with Error
- Uploader Storyboard - Upload and Cancel
- Uploader Storyboard - Add more
User Testing Protocol: Describes how the Uploader would be tested with the users
User Testing Results: Describes how the users interacted with the Uploader prototype and what improvements can be made
6. Preparing for Implementation
Storycards: Decomposes the Uploader into small implementable chunks
- Storycard 1: Remove "pause" button
- Storycard 2: "Remove" button should not display once files are being uploaded
- Storycard 3: Add remaining time for upload to the progress bar.
- Storycard 4: Update information at the bottom
- Storycard 5: Add Cancel button (Daphne)
- Storycard 6: Error: file name already exists (Erin)
- Storycard 7: Allow user to create a display name & send notification (Daphne)
Functional Specification: Uploader Specification