The Fluid community meets daily using the Inclusive Design Institute's Vidyo infrastructure for a short meeting to update each other on what we're working on:
Daily at 11:30 am ET
(Note: our project works in a number of time zones – use this as a guide for planning)
To join the meeting, visit the "fluid-work" Vidyo room. You will be prompted to install either
- a Vidyo client for your device (desktop, laptop, phone) or
- a Vidyo browser plugin
IDI Collaboration Room
The IDI Collaboration Room is located at 205 Richmond St W, Toronto on the second floor. There is a Crestron panel mounted on the wall near the room's door above all the light switches. The panel provides a user interface with which one decide which wall mounted displays are used to present content or start audio or video calls.
iPads can also be made available that can be passed around and provide the same user interface as the one provided by the wall mounted panel. Any instances of 'Crestron panel' in this page can be substituted with the iPad application.
How to share content using your computer
- Plug in the HDMI cable to your computer
- Assuming the Crestron panel is turned on, click the 'Share Content' option
- Select 'Lectern 1' in the 'Source' column on the left
- Then select 'Projector' or any of the displays in the 'Destination' column on the right
- Your content should now be displayed
- To stop sharing you will need to remove the cable and select 'stop all' in the 'Destionation' column on the panel or iPad app
How to share content using your phone or tablet
There is a Crestron AirMedia appliance accessible by anyone in the Collaboration Room. The appliance along with Crestron AirMedia Android and iOS applications allows one to wirelessly display documents on the wall mounted displays or projector from their devices.
- Install the 'Creston AirMedia' Android or iOS app
- Follow the 'How to share content using your computer' instructions above but select 'Remote' in the 'Source' column
- The selected displays should present the AirMedia appliance's IP address and a four digit access code, please make a note of both
- Enter the appliance's IP address in the app
- Enter the access code
- Your device should now be connected and ready for you to select content to share