Notes from May 8th meeting
Participants: Jess Mitchell, Alison Benjamin, David Penney, ~email@example.com
Context for Alison's June/July time at the DIA
- The Detroit Institute of Arts is abbreviated DIA - just don't try to pronounce it that way. It's the D-I-A!
- Desire by DIA to get up to speed with the Fluid Engage design & development process.
- Need for design/development team to better understand DIA partner: DIA is newly-renovated and has developed a new interpretive framework & philosophy for how visitors can approach the gallery's works. Alison will be able to see how the exhibition design/development process works
- DIA: a re-installation process is occurring. Want to move this to the next level so that visitors can interpret beyond the gallery space.
- Logistics: Alison, Jennifer, David leave Toronto on June 24.
- Unsure about return date - Alison's last day - return on July 2 or 10? Alison fine with either Depends on availability of David, Jennifer. July 4th is US long weekend.
- Possibility of doing a 2nd visit later in summer/early fall to follow-up on designs. Purpose could be to do design/prototype reviews & support further iterations.
Brainstorm of deliverables
- developing use-cases of Engage designs in the DIA context
- go-alongs & observation
- develop job descriptions for in-house IT staff
- inventories (e.g. of the physical space, accessibility, of current IT infrastructure)
- finding ways that DIA staff can be incorporated into the culture / iterative design and development process (& Vice versa)
- possibly testing early Engage prototypes
- holding design workshops (perhaps inspired by participatory design). Could be a facilitated meeting w/ museum professionals & or visitors. Matt Sikora - does visitor research. Could bring in friends of the museum, volunteers, other stakeholders.
- Possible outcomes of PD workshop w/ DIA staff: Use cases, wireframes, creation of technology assessment criteria, knowledge sharing about relevant information about Engage technologies
- Must clarify the time frame we're working with (logistics)
- Clarify deliverables for DIA visit & prepare for executing them
- more to come...