Rough Architecture Notes from the Fluid UToronto Team's Whiteboard
These are just notes; they don't make sense yet.
Component Framework Architecture
- What does a component look like?
- How does it get used?
- How is it customized?
- How are new components built?
- Relationships between components
- Proxying to the server
Server-side Binding Layer
- AJAX communication with the server
- Small number of actions: "verbs"
**Lots of names: "nouns"
- Lifecycle supports?
- Compare metadata and preferences
- If okay, do nothing
- Otherwise, request an alternative component
- Select from alternatives or use initial component
- Mirrored within the application (ie. doesn't require a dependency on a 3rd party server)
- Repository is just a file system: client-side transformation engine does all the work of finding matches