Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Idea - a feature which scans the track left to right and plays back tones based on the track.
- You would hear two or more tones where there are loops or overlapping sections
- this way you can "preview" the track easily
- combine with spatial audio to give additional information
- Spatial audio
- using stereo could be effective to understand loops - you can hear the sound going to one side, to the other, and then back again.
- the web Text-to-Speech engine may not support spatial audio?
- Configurable verbosity: choose what gets read back
Sonification of Chart Data
- The example chart sonification MP3 contains variation in volume and beats
- could make tracking the audio information a bit tricky because the overall volume changes to follow the trend in the data, but there's also volume differences in the sample loops themselves.
- Suggestion: see the chart authoring sonification for some results of research.