Team Priorities March 2018

Medium Term Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QH_wfiCwpXf2EsMYRjJmLWbr9rx8yaI9h5uxhQH7odE

Social Justice Repair Kit

Latest story gathering/telling tool mockups: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/index.php/s/YPtJqKS9cVGzlWW#pdfviewer

Latest storytellin tool build site: http://build.fluidproject.org/sjrk-storyTelling/

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Ongoing partner meetingsDana/Alan

Website enhancementsAlan
  • A way of contributing relevant resources
  • A way of contributing stories
  • A means of identifying challenges we want to address within SJRK
  • A strategy for connecting different youth groups who have similar interests
Child safeguarding policyAlan
Policy approved by Oak/KCS on 8/16

Storytelling tool ideation, prototyping and design

Alan, Gregor and Dana

See above for current design and implementation links

Media capturing and saving

Alan, Gregor

Alan has implemented a proof-of-concept site which captures and "saves" an image. Compatibility is still an issue with Edge

https://github.com/waharnum/sjrk-cameraCapture

Capability for handling file uploads using the standard Express middleware (Multer) is being added to Kettle:

Alan, Gregor, Michelle, Simon

Simon has been reviewing the PR's as they come in. Much refactoring has been done of fluid-couch-config and fluid-story-telling.

The order of review is:

  • fluid-couch-config
  • fluid-story-telling
  • fluid-grunt-couch-config
  • fluid-story-telling-server

Development has continued since opening SJRK-16's PR, with the latest work visible in the SJRK-49 branch of Gregor's fork. Once SJRK-16 is complete, those branches can be reviewed and pulled into fluid-project's master brach.

Gregor

new blockViewer grade and template have been added, next step is to wire in the dynamicViewComponentManager, and perhaps create view-only templates for each block.

Transcribing recorder

Colin and Alan
Inclusive Design & Learning Differences Guide EntrySepideh/Michelle

Giovanni

Giovanni

Giovanni

Commented on the resources available to interact with Git repository from JS code and the likely deployment options. Waiting on feedback.

P4A Final Year Reports

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Writing up D103.2 reportSepideh / Jess


Submitted

D404.3Sepideh/ Jess

Submitted

D201.5



BIG IDeA

Proposal: https://www.certifiedforaccess.ca/content/business-innovation-guide-inclusive-design-and-accessibility-bigidea


JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Explore Wheelmap / Accessibility.Cloud integrationAlan / Jon5d+

Suggested 2 possible ideas:

  • Link / embed business after user has successfully submitted feedback
  • Prompt new business users to enter their information onto Wheelmaps upon registration
Notify registered business users that new feedback has arrived via email.Jon4dWaiting for Vera to give green light.

APCP

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Cindy

 

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

https://github.com/GPII/universal/pull/591

This pull request is dependent on the pull request for GPII-2558.

Working with Tyler on gpii-infra repo to run production config tests against the gpii-infra CI when a pull request is merged into the master.

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy


Cindy

Gather all the diagrams and ensure they are up to date

Cindy

Replace references to "universal" with "gpii-universal" in linux master branch

Joseph

https://github.com/GPII/linux/pull/97

  • Waiting second review by Javi
  • Used in linux pulls for device and process reporter work (below).


Process Reporter


Joseph

Joseph


Modified portions of Kasper's code for GPII-1230 that use the ProcessReporter in acceptance testing on windows.


Joseph

  • Modify Integration/Acceptance Testing Framework to use the Process Reporter where the test checks to see if a solution has started, is running, or has been shut down:
  • Created GPII-2775 to add a mock ProcessReporter for integration tests in universal.

Extend Device Reporter to report available screen resolutions.

New JIRA for the MatchMaker that depends on the changes for the DeviceReporter:

  • Will be implemented for version 2.0 of the MatchMaker.

 

Depends on:


Joseph

  • Decision at GPII architecture meeting was: the screen resolutions are a part of the payload of the device reporter.  Device Reporter modified to do this.
  • Decision at architecture meeting on 19 Oct to wait to review the pull requests until the system needs to use this information:  see line 172 of the meeting minutes:  https://pad.gpii.net/p/arch-2017-10-19-2g84nmb

DeviceReporter pull requests (GPII-1939):
Settings Handler pull requests:

Joseph

Joseph

  • Investigating.

Nexus

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Use the Visible Nexus UX evaluation notes to create designs for an improved Visible NexusSepideh, Simon

https://docs.google.com/document/d/199yvZICri6hWho6JSZMpo_XMixeHG0k2MKl8JVg7Jk4/edit?usp=sharing

Simon

Simon

Notes on status and options for future work are on the JIRA

Simon

Simon

Simon


Nexus P4A Science Lab Demo Follow-Up Tasks

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes



Tracking issue with demo details and subtasks

Simon

Simon

Simon

I'd like to try adding an off-screen live region that updates at a lower frequency than the incoming sensor values (like every 10 seconds maybe)

Simon

Alan

Merged, but needs test coverage

Alan

Merged, but needs test coverage and integration of heat sensor sonification

Alan

Work from Alan's branch should be integrated into main repo https://github.com/fluid-project/chartAuthoring/pull/19

Simon
Put on hold due to high CPU utilization on the browser visibleNexus and science lab Dashboard.

Simon
More testing is needed but I think I have some progress here.

Simon

Simon
MEGA-JIRA for tracking things at a high level that will be broken down in more detail once work starts.

Simon



Inclusive Design Toolkit: ILDH/Guide/Design Handbook

Inclusive Design Toolkit

The Inclusive Design Guide

http://handbook.floeproject.org/

Design Handbook

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Add activities from (BiT, createathon) co-design sessions to the ID GuideDana
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19hDX-FA3q07RtzzTVXLA8NQ0Ic-o3Ncqd4i9yi8biYo/edit?usp=sharing
Update user-continued design entry in the Guide, also consider replacing the word "user"Dana, Colin

Privacy ILDH EntryDana
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rsAzUwbJldU7FAmq9dBajaV2u6JNoaCoLcaoEvm0cu8/edit?usp=sharing
Multilingual EntryAlan
Based on SJRK localization work, UIO multilingual experiment
Learning Differences EntrySepideh

Digital Divide EntryAlan
Based on conversations from SJRK and other areas about building tools for audiences that lack reliable internet connectivity, exist on the margins geographically / economically...
Multimodal Design EntryAlan
Based on Guelph presentation https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XV_l73ePNlcIy1iEYjUjRIzpIpRIOqGmsGHK9x7k9yc/edit
Brainstorming meeting for Toolkit & Floe showcase

September
Create a landing page for our design toolkit on the IDRC site


Address issues based on feedback from Grace and KathyDana


Nexus science lab video entrySimon/Alan/Caren
What might that look like? "People" to discuss.
Create-a-thon Description/Guide entry/ILDH entry updateJon/Caren
Co-creation and Co-design with a Create-a-Thon
Record audio tracksAvtar
Should be ready for Feb 28
Animate scenesAvtar

Final editingAvtar

MyL3

Latest Mockups: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/kNygGET3epobFku

(Floe) Preference Exploration and Self-Assessment

MyL3 High-Level Application Design Document

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Continue design explorationDana, Sepideh

Narrative around all the design evolutions (eventually create video?)Dana, Sepideh

Consider more scenarios/use-cases (incl. SJRK-related)

Revisit existing use-cases

Dana, Sepideh

APCP + MyL3 explorationsDana, Sepideh
need update on APCP timeline and metrics work


CMHR IAD Guide

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Co-development of IAD Guide static site with CMHR


Integration of UIO into web version of the IAD


Development of online resources for CMHR


Quality Infrastructure


JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

GPII-2774Avtar

Create a CI toolkit

Document how someone can easily get started using hosted CI services

Avtar

UIO

(Floe) User Interface (Learner) Options Mobile and Responsive Design

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

JonAs needed
  • Documentation is needed for our integrations.

Justin3Give a more detailed description about each preference in responsive UIO.

Justin2Add panel numbers for breadcrumbs in responsive UIO.



Should probably wait till after FLUID-5534 and FLUID-6180 are merged.

Being done as part of FLUID-6204







UIO+ Browser Extension

Current and Planned Iterations

Phase 2

JIRA Issues Filter

Phase 2 - Iteration 1: (Dec 4, 2017 - Dec 22, 2017)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin2

Requires FLUID-6209

  • Preparation to incorporate FLUID-6209 changes have been made in my GPII-2559 branch

Justin5
Phase 2 - Iteration 2: (Jan 8, 2018 - Jan 19, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin2new enactor needed

Justin6

Start using the infusion-icons repo to source icons and generate an icon font. See FLUID-5555

https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/869


Phase 2 - Iteration 3: (Jan 22, 2018 - Mar 2, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin10

new enactor needed

NOTE: Waiting on answers from UX team about what the use case is. ( https://wiki.gpii.net/w/Browser_Adaptation_Design_Research#Questions )

I have provided a test page to see current experiments against a sample set of words.


NOTE: potential follow up question not yet asked

  • How do we expect the syllabified text to work with a screen reader?
  • Should the separator be included with text selection?

Justin
May require FLUID-6253
Phase 2 - Iteration 4: (Mar 5, 2018 - Mar 30, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin3Need to decide how it will actually be displayed and where. E.g. a notice on every page, a notice in the UIO+ panel itself


Justin5+?

Depends on UX Designs

TTS read and highlight all text on the page (with play/pause button and auto-read mode)

Requires:

  • FLUID-6175
  • FLUID-6176
  • FLUID-6177 

Justin5

Justin5

Justin5
Future Work

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Add Google Translate
2Add an option to the UIO+ panel to enable/disable the Google Translate Browser Extension
Port to MS Edge


Port to Firefox

Look at Firefox's reader mode api ( https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/11/20/extensions-in-firefox-58/ )
Port to Safari


PhET Simulation Accessibility

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Start research and designs for Faraday's lawJon, Caren5d+

Research going into the Faraday's Law wiki page.

Create-a-thon Description/Guide entry/ILDH entry updateJon/Caren
Create-a-thon News article for FloeJon/Caren
Will wait for ILDH entry to be published so it can be linked from the news article


PhET Sonification Tools

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Web Audio Core Sonification Library contains notes and initial architectural sketches for shared sonification toolsColin


Infusion

Post Infusion 2.0 Review Meeting Notes

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes


2



  • This documentation is needed to support integrations.





Colin and Simon
could also look at all-contributors for ideas on how to attribute contributions



  • Updated the tags in Infusion and Infusion-Dev repos
  • Alan created a tool for generating docpad builds from tags.
Yeoman generator for InfusionAlan
Experimental work on scaffolding tooling for project generation: https://github.com/waharnum/generator-infusion



Work to bring the multilingual spike into core Infusion's examples, and improve the documentation on multilingual UIO.





Snow

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Eloisa1PR: https://github.com/grrrero/snow-theme/pull/5

Eloisa1PR: https://github.com/grrrero/snow-theme/pull/12

Eloisa1Being done in SNOW-4, SNOW-5, SNOW-8

Eloisa1

Eloisa1MS Edge: Mobile view's hamburger icon is slightly ajar to the right; current item indicator offset vertically

Eloisa1Talk to Gio.

Eloisa3Check with Lisa regarding the search functionality; lower priority.

Eloisa1Lower priority.

Wordpress Training Manual

Eloisa/Jon5Describe how to create posts versus pages; using sticky posts for the front page; etc

Wordpress Infrastructure


JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes

Refactor BIG IDeA content out of wp-a11y-theme into BIG IDeA theme

  • Footer logo needs to be refactored
  • Refactor corner-flourish CSS to BI theme
Jon2d

Rescope feedback-post-plugin to BIG IDeA

Make it clear that the plugin is used for BIG IDeA. Re-using it will require modification.
Document todos / issues with wp-a11y-theme, big-idea-theme, and feedback-post-plugin before migrationJon3d

Move Wordpress related repositories to IDI project space:

  • wp-a11y-theme
  • big-idea-theme
  • feedback-post-plugin
Jon1d
Add social media feeds (similar to BIG IDeA) to Our Doors are OpenJon0.5d
Add google analytics to Our Doors are OpenJon0.5d

Eloisa1dWill update this JIRA as I find tools/resources online.
Describe the Feedback plugin as a generally useful feedback tool (not just for BI)


Pressbooks

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Pressbooks 4.0 Theme Accessibility FeedbackJonOngoingWaiting for new theme to get deployed to textopress site.
UIO Integration for Book themes (May 2018)Ned, Justin, JonOngoing

Ned seems to have a handle on what is required at the moment.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

More a11y feedback for Pressbooks book theme (March 2018)Jon?

IDRC to help testing and provide feedback via github issues.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

a11y feedback for Pressbooks dashboard (March 2018)Jon?

IDRC to help testing and provide feedback via github issues.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

Integrations

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
"Making an Inclusive and Accessible Website" guideJon5d
  • Possible opportunity to continue this work with CMHR work
OER Commons UIO Upgrade


Rebus

  • Explore opportunity to help bring metadata work to PB. Autogeneration of MD based on content.
Lumen

  • Some communication  - work may pick up again.
  • Accessible math and accessible sims
Centre for Creative LeadershipJon
  • Working with CCL and their developers to make a11y and inclusion improvements to the Valuable Leader app.




Bodies in Translation

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Co-design session - March 5Dana/Sepi/Michelle/Colin/Michelle

  • Notes to be added to the wiki
  • Debrief meeting with BiT team
Design BriefDana/Sepi/Michelle/Colin/Michelle

Mentoring

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Work with high school internsJustin

Communication

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Floe News - UIO+

Justin
Floe News on PhET Create-a-thonCaren/Jon

SJRK Site Update?


Floe News on DEEP

October
Floe News on Platform Co-op OER

November?
Fluid Project TwitterAlan/Eloisa/Colin


On Hold

Wordpress Infrastructure - On Hold:

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Evaluate Revisr for Wordpress devJon

Evaluate github workflow for Wordpress devJon

Evaluate gitiumJon
Evaluate incronJon
Wordpress Dev-Deploy Continuous IntegrationGiovanni

Docs Platform & Guide - On Hold



People

Estimate

Notes

Jon4d

Pull request

Jon5+ days

Jon5+ days

  • Need to merge FLOE-496.
  • Also need to add an option to print on single 5x10 cards duplex.
Update the content so it can be printed nicelyDana

Examples for using the Cards/GuideDana
Tim and Godfrey had created some examples, we need to include them somewhere.

Infrastructure - On Hold

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Migrate Infusion docs to use the docs templateJon

Refactor the design cards repository so content is separate from the generation toolJon5d
Refactor the ILDH to use the new docs platform structureJon2d
Refactor the First Discovery docs to use the new docs platform structureJon2d
Refactor the Infusion docs to use the new docs platform structureJon5d
  • This task is going to take a little longer because the infusion docs was never fully part of the docs platform.
Jon / Justin2d

  • Working on a new structure for docs.
  • Refactor and leverage npm.
Jon / Justin3d
  • Jon is going to create a personal repo containing SVGs for font generation
  • Justin will look into grunt tasks to generate fonts once SVGs are in place
Jon2d
Jon3d
IDRC WebsiteLisa

Make the IDI site mobile friendly
10d
  • The IDI theme uses the FSS theme. The FSS theme is not mobile friendly.
  • Work should be done to either update the FSS theme, or remove the dependency on the FSS theme and deprecate it.
Website deployment checklistJustin


ILDH - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Go through the ILDH review doc and sort and prioritize issuesJon1dThe document can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xsxgLkZchwKXZak9e8mKSMVQv2uFXbmnE8vp5TUOoEU/edit
Jon2d

https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inclusive+Learning+Design+Handbook+Contributor's+Guide

Will issue pull request when ready; will need to update template to replace link to github with link to contrib guide


4dForces & Motion Basics isn't really a good choice now. John Travoltage is better, but will require updates to the exemplar text content which is additional work.
Create a wiki page of the Floe section of the site which summarizes "Jutta's 7 guidelines to better inclusive learning"Jon1dRough contents contained in an email from March 31, 2015 "Fwd: Core Team Action Items, 3/31"
Redo the information architecture of the ILDH to be more useful


Add a guide about general web accessibilityJon5d


Infusion - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Infusion Documentation Plan






Perhaps using an AUTHORS, CONTRIBUTORS, or COPYRIGHT file.
Consider refactoring infusion repo into a monorepo

  • separate lifecycle of core framework and components
  • Every now and then we will make a form of "LTS" release where we sync up and QA framework and components
  • Will each component be a separate repo in the mono repo?
Remove Progress Component in favour of standard HTML component

Requires a redesign of Uploader that doesn't use our Progress component

Should this be deprecated in a release first?

Antranig




Remove enhancement code for no-js version of Uploader

Should this be deprecated in a release first?

https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/framework/enhancement/js/ProgressiveEnhancement.js










Automate Manual Test plans

Look at Tony's Webdriver work
Establish a practice for "annotating" new changes in the docs

e.g. "Changed in infusion-dev"

Add an automatic link checker as part of the doc build process


For our sites switch to use YouTube video player

Must provide captions for our videos
Update the video entry on the ILDH to help people who want to embed video




Bringing in multilingual spike to Infusion examples, and improving the documentation around localization.

Spike repo: https://github.com/waharnum/uio-multilingual



AChecker - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Updating Achecker to work with the newer PHP version, 5.4+

http://atutor.ca/atutor/mantis/view.php?id=5547

Cindy

ON HOLD Not as important as Floe work

Upgrade complete, but some checks not checking; still need access to old Checker for comparison, but not the production site



https://issues.fluidproject.org/projects/SJRK/issues/SJRK-10?filter=allopenissues


GPII-2774