Table of Contents

Team Priorities September 2018

Medium Term Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QH_wfiCwpXf2EsMYRjJmLWbr9rx8yaI9h5uxhQH7odE

Platform Coop

Wiki: Platform Cooperative Development Kit

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Roadmap and PlanDana/Alan/Michelle/Colin

Beauty Worker's WebsiteDana/Michelle

Platform Co-op Website RedesignDana

Inclusive Cities

Website: https://cities.inclusivedesign.ca/  

Website Github: https://github.com/inclusive-design/website-cities

List: https://lists.inclusivedesign.ca/mailman/listinfo/cities

Proposal:

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Contract FinalizingSepi/Simon/Colin

Analyzing data from school co-design activitiesLisa/Syeda/Gillian/Sepi

Send invitations for co-design sessionsGillian/Sepi/Syeda

Identify themes for co-design sessionsSimon/Sepi/Syeda/ Gillian/Lisa

Prepare access guide for co-design sessionsSyeda/Gillian/Sepi

Identify groups for distributed co-design activitiesSyeda/Gillian/Sepi/Lisa/Simon

Write and upload a news post about schools co-design activity for the Floe and Inclusive cities siteSepi/Gillian/Syeda/Sophie

CISL


JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

CISL Storytelling SketchesJon

Continuing research. Aim to have something presentable to the Maker group for Aug 8th meeting.

Sketches posted here: CISL - Early Design Sketching

Learner Preference Management and Storage using GPII toolsAlan
Starting to have conversations and explore possibilities
Readium 2.0 tech stackAlan
Attending weekly tech meetings on this open-source EPUB (and other reading tech) project: https://www.edrlab.org/readium/readium-2/
User Interface Options / Preferences Framework use in CISLAlan/Jon
Starting to have conversations and explore possibilities - interest in custom panel development to turn UDL features on / off; have built custom panels in prototype form for BeeLine Reader.

Social Justice Repair Kit

Website:  https://sojustrepairit.org/

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Ongoing partner meetingsDana/Alan

Revised wireframes based on feedbackAvtar
https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/Y9bYtd0TcTFlgfY
SJRK tile logo sketchesAvtar
https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/m7CEWaCcheZ3DVU - Received some feedback during the July 10 partners meeting. Sophie wanted to create a couple versions.
Quilting, mola design sketchesAvtar

Storytelling Tool

Latest story gathering/telling tool mockups: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/index.php/s/YPtJqKS9cVGzlWW#pdfviewer

Latest storytelling tool build site: http://build.fluidproject.org/sjrk-storyTelling/

Learning Reflections Site: https://stories.floeproject.org/

Karisma Stories Site: https://karisma-stories.floeproject.org/

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes

Alan2

Gregor/Alan1

Pull request has been filed, awaiting review

Gregor/Alan2

Gregor/Alan3


BIG IDeA

Proposal: https://www.certifiedforaccess.ca/content/business-innovation-guide-inclusive-design-and-accessibility-bigidea


JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Badging assistance / integration spike
3dNeed to gather requirements from Lucian and David.

Explore Wheelmap / Accessibility.Cloud integration

Alan / Jon5d+

Suggested 2 possible ideas:

  • Link / embed business after user has successfully submitted feedback
  • Prompt new business users to enter their information onto Wheelmaps upon registration

Update:

  • On-going project coordination with Sozial Helden, Peterborough BIA, and BIG IDeA.
  • Wheelmap Pro application available but lacking core functionality to support BI mapping.
Notify registered business users that new feedback has arrived via email.Jon4dWaiting for Vera to give green light.

APCP

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Cindy




Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Cindy

Work with Tyler to set up a continuous deployment step that loads snapsets into CouchDB

Now depends on

Joseph/Cindy

Write scripts that create writable user keys from snapsetsCindy

Cindy



Cindy


Cindy

Gather all the diagrams and ensure they are up to date

Cindy

Replace references to "universal" with "gpii-universal" in linux master branch

Joseph

https://github.com/GPII/linux/pull/97

  • Waiting second review by Javi
  • Used in linux pulls for device and process reporter work (below).


Process Reporter (linux):

JosephWaiting on review/merge

Process Reporter (windows):


Steve Grundell's work to use more of the Process Reporter module in gpii-windows

(Formerly )

Steve Grundell/Joseph

Process Reporter (windows):

Joseph

Process Reporter (all):


Joseph

  • Modify Integration/Acceptance Testing Framework to use the Process Reporter where the test checks to see if a solution has started, is running, or has been shut down:
  • Created GPII-2775 to add a mock ProcessReporter for integration tests in universal.
  • universal: https://github.com/kaspermarkus/universal/pull/24

Device Reporter/PlatformReporter (universal):

  • Originally part of DeviceReporter work for reporting all screen resolutions
  • That work may no longer be necessary
  • But, the way the PlatformReporter is currently implemented can be improved by using context awarness
Joseph

Device Reporter (all):

Extend Device Reporter to report available screen resolutions.

New JIRA for the MatchMaker that depends on the changes for the DeviceReporter:

  • Will be implemented for version 2.0 of the MatchMaker.

 

Depends on:


Joseph

  • Decision at GPII architecture meeting was: the screen resolutions are a part of the payload of the device reporter.  Device Reporter modified to do this.
  • Decision at architecture meeting on 19 Oct to wait to review the pull requests until the system needs to use this information:  see line 172 of the meeting minutes:  https://pad.gpii.net/p/arch-2017-10-19-2g84nmb

DeviceReporter pull requests (GPII-1939):
Settings Handler pull requests:


Device Reporter (all):

Joseph
Sometime in the future:  expand the DeviceReporter to provide device information regarding PSP preferences (e.g., language)

Joseph

Joseph

  • Investigating.
  • Likely obsolete/fixed.

Inclusive Design Toolkit: ILDH/Guide/Design Handbook

Inclusive Design Toolkit

The Inclusive Design Guide

http://handbook.floeproject.org/

Design Handbook

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Add activities from (BiT, createathon) co-design sessions to the ID GuideDana, Jon
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19hDX-FA3q07RtzzTVXLA8NQ0Ic-o3Ncqd4i9yi8biYo/edit?usp=sharing
Update user-continued design entry in the Guide, also consider replacing the word "user"Dana, Colin

Multilingual EntryAlan
Based on SJRK localization work, UIO multilingual experiment
Digital Divide EntryAlan
Based on conversations from SJRK and other areas about building tools for audiences that lack reliable internet connectivity, exist on the margins geographically / economically...
Multimodal Design EntryAlan
Based on Guelph presentation https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XV_l73ePNlcIy1iEYjUjRIzpIpRIOqGmsGHK9x7k9yc/edit
Create a landing page for our design toolkit on the IDRC site


Address issues based on feedback from Grace and KathyDana


Nexus science lab video entrySimon/Alan/Caren
What might that look like? "People" to discuss.

MyL3

Latest mockups for implementation: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/iHnIZDS3cFzxpnC

Latest mockups: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/Irsq4w24gFgEGqF

(Floe) Preference Exploration and Self-Assessment (MyL3)

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Continue design explorationDana, Sepideh

Consider more scenarios/use-cases (incl. SJRK- related)

Revisit existing use-cases

Dana, Sepideh

APCP + MyL3Dana, Sepideh, Simon
Adapt a minimum viable version of MyL3 for APCP
Create JIRA tasks for technical workSimon

Importing external data explorationGSoC

UIO

(Floe) User Interface (Learner) Options Mobile and Responsive Design

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

JonAs needed
  • Documentation is needed for our integrations.

Justin3Give a more detailed description about each preference in responsive UIO.

Justin2Add panel numbers for breadcrumbs in responsive UIO.











Gregg recently asked about this as well. May be something we should look at adding for UIO and UIO+.













UIO+ Browser Extension

Current and Planned Iterations

Phases:



Phase 2 - Technical Debt Clean Up: (Sep 4, 2018 - Sep 14, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin5

Justin5

Need to write documentation.

Waiting on changes for FLUID-6257


https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion-docs/pull/142

Justin2
Phase 3 - Iteration 1: (Sep 17, 2018 - Sep 28, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin1

See if there is a suitable work around. If not, temporarily remove the page level tts. (Needs to be on the Chrome Web Store before Sep 25)

https://github.com/GPII/gpii-chrome-extension/pull/15

Justin3Work started in my FLUID-6333 branch.
Requires updated icons for word spacing. (Jon and Sepideh are working on them) 

Justin2

Requires FLUID-6333

Work started in my GPII-3319 gpii-chrome-extension branch

onboarding into Universal: https://github.com/GPII/universal/pull/666

Justin2

Work started in my GPII-3386 branch. Waiting for Steve Grundell to verify that it addresses the issue.

https://github.com/GPII/gpii-chrome-extension/pull/17

Justin10May require FLUID-6253

Justin3

Depends on FLUID-6240

NOTE: Waiting on answers from UX team about what the use case is. ( https://wiki.gpii.net/w/Browser_Adaptation_Design_Research#Questions )

I have provided a test page to see current experiments against a sample set of words.


NOTE: potential follow up question not yet asked

  • How do we expect the syllabified text to work with a screen reader?
  • Should the separator be included with text selection?
Phase 3 - Iteration 2: (Oct 1, 2018 - Oct 12, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin3Design Options for Orator (text-to-speech) widget

Justin3

Justin5
Phase 3 - Iteration 3: (Oct 15, 2018 - Oct 26, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin5

Justin2

Justin3


Phase 3 - Iteration 4: (Oct 29, 2018 - Nov 9, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin10

Justin3
Phase 3 - Iteration 5: (Nov 12, 2018 - Nov 23, 2018)

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin10
Future Work

For additional future work see: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lqU7XA6imShzS1BofQhS5JWHziCZH1zUjQQOilBhpMk/edit

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Add Google Translate
2Add an option to the UIO+ panel to enable/disable the Google Translate Browser Extension
Port to MS Edge


Port to Firefox

Look at Firefox's reader mode api ( https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/11/20/extensions-in-firefox-58/ )
Port to Safari


PhET Simulation Accessibility

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Annual report  - due June 29Jon, Others?
waiting for Colin to add OSC bridge info.
Faraday's Law combined a11y designsJon5d+

Research going into the Faraday's Law wiki page.

Faraday's Law SonificationJon, Mike (gatech)
On-going.


PhET Sonification Tools

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Web Audio Core Sonification Library contains notes and initial architectural sketches for shared sonification toolsColin


Infusion

Post Infusion 2.0 Review Meeting Notes

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes


2



  • This documentation is needed to support integrations.



  • Updated the tags in Infusion and Infusion-Dev repos
  • Alan created a tool for generating docpad builds from tags.
Yeoman generator for InfusionAlan
Experimental work on scaffolding tooling for project generation: https://github.com/waharnum/generator-infusion



Work to bring the multilingual spike into core Infusion's examples, and improve the documentation on multilingual UIO.








Investigate centralizing attributions and copyrights into a single file.

Could also look at all-contributors for ideas on how to attribute contributions


https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/921


SNOW

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Change footer content

Jon
The ministry branch has changed its name and needs to be updated under the logo-ing in the footer. "Provincial Schools Branch" is now "Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch". The line in the footer should read:

SNOW is a project of the Inclusive Design Research Centre, funded by Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch, Ontario Ministry of Education.

Ongoing Articles

Caren

Wordpress Infrastructure


JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes

Figure out and implement an internationalization strategy for wp-a11y

Task specifically for Our Doors are Open:

- French flag click and take to Nos Portes Sont Overtes

- Remove Nos Portes Sont Overtes page from nav

- top navigation to be in French

Jon3d

Other tasks (no Jiras yet)

  • Rename wp-a11y theme to something like 'Floe WP Theme Skeleton' - Postponed
  • Merge Foundation branch into Master - DONE
  • Update BIG IDeA to use Master instead of Foundation branch
  • Update SNOW to use Master instead of Foundation branch
  • Make sure each theme has necessary stuff Wordpress wants for themes (i.e. all necessary release metadata and licenses)



Rescope feedback-post-plugin to BIG IDeA

Make it clear that the plugin is used for BIG IDeA. Re-using it will require modification.
Document todos / issues with wp-a11y-theme, big-idea-theme, and feedback-post-plugin before migrationJon3d

Move Wordpress related repositories to IDI project space:

  • wp-a11y-theme
  • big-idea-theme
  • feedback-post-plugin
Jon1d

Eloisa1dWill update this JIRA as I find tools/resources online.
Describe the Feedback plugin as a generally useful feedback tool (not just for BI)


Pressbooks

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

a11y review of PBJonOngoing
  • Continuing a11y review.
  • Cover page review done - need to file Github issues. Now moving on to content pages.

UIO Integration for Book themes (May 2018)

Ned, Justin, JonOngoing

Ned to be able to dedicate time after March 19.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

More a11y feedback for Pressbooks book theme (March 2018)Jon?

IDRC to help testing and provide feedback via github issues.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

a11y feedback for Pressbooks dashboard (March 2018)Jon?

IDRC to help testing and provide feedback via github issues.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

Integrations

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
"Making an Inclusive and Accessible Website" guideJon5d
  • Possible opportunity to continue this work with CMHR work
OER Commons UIO Upgrade


Rebus

  • Explore opportunity to help bring metadata work to PB. Autogeneration of MD based on content.
Centre for Creative LeadershipJon




Drupal Module Updating by OpenConcept team

Mike Gifford's blog post: https://openconcept.ca/blog/mike/personalization-accessibility-drupal

Plugin: https://www.drupal.org/project/fluidui

Bodies in Translation

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Co-design session - March 5Dana/Sepi/Colin/Michelle

  • Notes to be added to the wiki
  • Debrief meeting with BiT team
Design BriefDana/Sepi/Colin/Michelle


IDRC Infrastructure

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

BotBot.me IRC logging service shutdownAlan

There is some urgency to this, as the service is shutting down in early November.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Back to the drawing board.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Docker/Compose done. Working on CI pipeline.



Registry is running. Working on authentication server.



Research is done. Need to fill some bug reports and worked with Tony to prepare document.

Mentoring

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

GSoC Wrap-UpJustin, Alan, Cindy, Sepideh, Simon, Jess, Gregor, Dana
GSoC program complete. Gregor writing article for FLOE.

Communication

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Floe News on GSoC ProjectsGreg
Sept 2018
Floe News on DEEP?
Oct 2018
Fluid Project TwitterAlan/Colin


On Hold

CMHR IAD Guide - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Integration of UIO into web version of the IAD

On hold
Accessibility feedback for IAD Guide

Improved a11y of sidebar. PR merged.

Need to confirm CC license on site.

Development of accessible shortcodes for IAD


Development of online resources for CMHR



Wordpress Infrastructure - On Hold:

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Evaluate Revisr for Wordpress devJon

Evaluate github workflow for Wordpress devJon

Evaluate gitiumJon
Evaluate incronJon
Wordpress Dev-Deploy Continuous IntegrationGiovanni

Docs Platform & Guide - On Hold



People

Estimate

Notes

Jon4d

Pull request

Jon5+ days

Jon5+ days

  • Need to merge FLOE-496.
  • Also need to add an option to print on single 5x10 cards duplex.
Update the content so it can be printed nicelyDana

Examples for using the Cards/GuideDana
Tim and Godfrey had created some examples, we need to include them somewhere.

Infrastructure - On Hold

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Migrate Infusion docs to use the docs templateJon

Refactor the design cards repository so content is separate from the generation toolJon5d
Refactor the ILDH to use the new docs platform structureJon2d
Refactor the First Discovery docs to use the new docs platform structureJon2d
Refactor the Infusion docs to use the new docs platform structureJon5d
  • This task is going to take a little longer because the infusion docs was never fully part of the docs platform.
Jon / Justin2d

  • Working on a new structure for docs.
  • Refactor and leverage npm.
Jon / Justin3d
  • Jon is going to create a personal repo containing SVGs for font generation
  • Justin will look into grunt tasks to generate fonts once SVGs are in place
Jon2d
Jon3d
IDRC WebsiteLisa

Make the IDI site mobile friendly
10d
  • The IDI theme uses the FSS theme. The FSS theme is not mobile friendly.
  • Work should be done to either update the FSS theme, or remove the dependency on the FSS theme and deprecate it.
Website deployment checklistJustin


ILDH - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Go through the ILDH review doc and sort and prioritize issuesJon1dThe document can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xsxgLkZchwKXZak9e8mKSMVQv2uFXbmnE8vp5TUOoEU/edit
Jon2d

https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inclusive+Learning+Design+Handbook+Contributor's+Guide

Will issue pull request when ready; will need to update template to replace link to github with link to contrib guide


4dForces & Motion Basics isn't really a good choice now. John Travoltage is better, but will require updates to the exemplar text content which is additional work.
Create a wiki page of the Floe section of the site which summarizes "Jutta's 7 guidelines to better inclusive learning"Jon1dRough contents contained in an email from March 31, 2015 "Fwd: Core Team Action Items, 3/31"
Redo the information architecture of the ILDH to be more useful


Add a guide about general web accessibilityJon5d


Infusion - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Infusion Documentation Plan






Perhaps using an AUTHORS, CONTRIBUTORS, or COPYRIGHT file.
Consider refactoring infusion repo into a monorepo

  • separate lifecycle of core framework and components
  • Every now and then we will make a form of "LTS" release where we sync up and QA framework and components
  • Will each component be a separate repo in the mono repo?
Remove Progress Component in favour of standard HTML component

Requires a redesign of Uploader that doesn't use our Progress component

Should this be deprecated in a release first?

Antranig




Remove enhancement code for no-js version of Uploader

Should this be deprecated in a release first?

https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/framework/enhancement/js/ProgressiveEnhancement.js










Automate Manual Test plans

Look at Tony's Webdriver work
Establish a practice for "annotating" new changes in the docs

e.g. "Changed in infusion-dev"

Add an automatic link checker as part of the doc build process


For our sites switch to use YouTube video player

Must provide captions for our videos
Update the video entry on the ILDH to help people who want to embed video




Bringing in multilingual spike to Infusion examples, and improving the documentation around localization.

Spike repo: https://github.com/waharnum/uio-multilingual



AChecker - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Updating Achecker to work with the newer PHP version, 5.4+

http://atutor.ca/atutor/mantis/view.php?id=5547

Cindy

ON HOLD Not as important as Floe work

Upgrade complete, but some checks not checking; still need access to old Checker for comparison, but not the production site

Nexus - On Hold

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Use the Visible Nexus UX evaluation notes to create designs for an improved Visible NexusSepideh, Simon

https://docs.google.com/document/d/199yvZICri6hWho6JSZMpo_XMixeHG0k2MKl8JVg7Jk4/edit?usp=sharing

Simon

Simon

Notes on status and options for future work are on the JIRA

Simon

Simon

Simon


Nexus P4A Science Lab Demo Follow-Up Tasks - On Hold

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes



Tracking issue with demo details and subtasks

Simon

Simon

Simon

I'd like to try adding an off-screen live region that updates at a lower frequency than the incoming sensor values (like every 10 seconds maybe)

Simon

Alan

Merged, but needs test coverage

Alan

Merged, but needs test coverage and integration of heat sensor sonification

Alan

Work from Alan's branch should be integrated into main repo https://github.com/fluid-project/chartAuthoring/pull/19

Simon
Put on hold due to high CPU utilization on the browser visibleNexus and science lab Dashboard.

Simon
More testing is needed but I think I have some progress here.

Simon

Simon
MEGA-JIRA for tracking things at a high level that will be broken down in more detail once work starts.

Simon


Quality Infrastructure - On Hold


JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Create a CI toolkit

Document how someone can easily get started using hosted CI services

Avtar


https://issues.fluidproject.org/projects/SJRK/issues/SJRK-10?filter=allopenissues


GPII-2774