Table of Contents

Team Priorities September 2020


Medium Term Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QH_wfiCwpXf2EsMYRjJmLWbr9rx8yaI9h5uxhQH7odE


WeCount

Website: https://wecount.inclusivedesign.ca/


People

Description

Notes

Website contentVera, DavidThe site needs news and blog posts
Yearly ReportVera


Inclusive data science toolsPhilipCreating a Nexus adapter for the Google Sheets API

Accssibility Map / Data Monitor

The umbrella document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a4emmifag7OVefDvTRbFf7ck_AwZziaGlotvhL-0-RI/

TaskPeopleStatusNotes
Create an initial draft demoAntranig

https://amb26.github.io/fluid-covid-map-viz/
Contact data sourcesPhilip, Uttara

Calling and emailing assessment centres to collect data
Diffing tool to merge periodical updates of Ontario Assessment Centres Open DataAntranig, Philip


Sketch UI ideasUttara, Lisa


Decide where to host the map


WeCount Website

Production website: https://wecount.inclusivedesign.ca/

Development deploy: https://dev--wecount.netlify.app/

Website Design: Figma Doc

2.3.0 Tasks

Github IssuePeopleStatusNotes
Search bar covers the menu button in the Galaxy fold screen when enhanced inputs are turned onTed


Align multiple lines of label texts in the search filter on the views landing pageCindy


Centre all footer logos in mobile viewTed


Search Filter Buttons Labels is Not Rendering correctly under certain UIO settings for Galaxy Fold screenTed


Add the Youtube link to the footer when the design is readyTed


Recreate the Initiative page to populate webinars from AirtableCindy


Update card for "learn" pageTed


Create a netlify function to save user commentsCindy


Create the new workshop pageTed


Automate the workflow that data changes in Airtable will automatically trigger the Netlify redeployCindy

Both Zapier and Integromat can perform this task. Zapier is more straightforward than Integromat. Integromat's free plan offers 1000 operations per month while Zapier's free plan offers 100 per month. We can start with Zapier. If the monthly re-deploy exceeds 100, we can consider to move to Integromat


As Netlify uses one single site instance to manage the deploy of its production, development and pull request preview deploys, a drawback is when the automation reaches Netlify, it's always the production deploy gets triggered, rather than having a choice to trigger either the production or the dev deploy. This restriction limits the automation to only work for the production deploy, not both the production and the development deploys.

Update Tile Icons for HomepageTed/Cindy


Remove dockerfileCindy


Add service workers for caching/PWA supportCindy


Layout: responsive utilitiesCindy


Handle resources and tools data to create a new "Learn" page


Uttara and Lisa are working on the design.
Advisory panel page

Uttara and Lisa are working on the design.

Coding to Learn and Create

Website: http://codelearncreate.org

Wiki: Coding to Learn and Create

Plan: Iteration plan

Task

People

Status

Notes

Inclusive Coding Environment DesignsSepi/Lisa/Avtar/Crystal

Co-design Kit


0.4 ImplementationDaniel/Simon/Tony

Content for Educator's ToolkitCrystal, Lisa, Avtar

Storytelling Tool

Links to and info about the various versions of the Storytelling Tool can be found on the Branches documentation page: https://github.com/fluid-project/sjrk-story-telling/blob/master/docs/BRANCHES.md

Longer-term and more detailed Storytelling Tool planning is achieved via the Storytelling Priorities spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_MYdS2ASPERITszN7bmdvnsrfRtdRb2hmZGTJkOc7WM/edit?usp=sharing

Other info regarding Storytelling Tool, including designs and processes: Web Storytelling Tools

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes

Gregor

 Server-side autosave work is in progress. Draft pull request has been filed, review in progress:

https://github.com/fluid-project/sjrk-story-telling/pull/77

Dana

 Dana has been working on designs, Cindy and Justin have been discussing use of fluid-express-user with Tony

Giovanni

 Basic helm chart is created and works against a minikube cluster. Focusing on CouchDB now.

IDRC Website

https://idrc.ocadu.ca/

TaskPeopleEstimateNotes
DesignsCheryl


Tech / DevCheryl, Ned
https://dev--idrc.netlify.app

Platform Coop

Wiki: Platform Cooperative Development Kit

Website: https://platform.coop/

Resource Library: https://resources.platform.coop/


TaskPeopleEstimateNotes
Map LaunchNed
Waiting on migration to new host
Wrap Up Blog PostNed


CISL

Website: http://cisl.cast.org/

3R Tool Design Idea: 3R Tool Design Description

Sketches: CISL - Early Design Sketching

Clusive Reader: http://clusive.cast.org

Github:https://github.com/cast-org/clusive

Task

People

Estimate

Notes

Clusive ReaderAlan

Current work is available at http://clusive.cast.org

Demo uses both UIO and CAST's Figuration framework, along with Readium (https://www.edrlab.org/readium/readium-2/)

CISL Overall Architecture and DevelopmentAlan

Overall architecture will be implemented in Django.

Development work proceeding here: https://github.com/cast-org/clusive/tree/development

ILDH entry on adaptive and personalized learningAlan
Synthesize work and thinking from Clusive, MyL3, work I did for DIAGRAM Center in 2019: http://diagramcenter.org/diagram-reports/diagram-report-2019/personalized-learning.html
Learner Preference Management and Storage using GPII toolsAlan
Starting to have conversations and explore possibilities


Accessing the Arts

Task

People

Estimate

Notes

Ongoing meetings with Culture Creates and Creative Users

Alan
http://www.culturecreates.com/

APCP

Website: https://morphic.world/

Morphic Lite
Main page: https://github.com/oregondesignservices

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

https://morphic.atlassian.net/browse/MOR-103

Add unit tests for Morphic Core Client for Mac


Joseph

  • Draft Pull request
  • Writing tests for "Keychain" core code, then request review, problem with permission to access to local keychain
  • Tests revealed two bugs (fixed)
  • Bug in format of default preferences file
    • Thought it was due to older version of the app
    • Still showed up; intermittent; still trying to track down
  • PR: https://github.com/oregondesignservices/MorphicLiteClientMac/pull/51

https://morphic.atlassian.net/browse/MOR-89

Add Icon to the users Dock on install

Joseph

  • Meeting with Kasper and Christopher
  • Decided that the issue was bigger and not as high priority as originally thought
  • Installer that
    • puts Morphic app in "Applications" folder
    • adds Morphic icon to the Dock


Morphic Classic
Current timeline for MorphicClassic (password protected): Countdown Timeline for MorphicClassic

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Morphic Classic Timeline

  • Email services are about to be shutdown (e.g., the architecture list)
    • but there is provision to access list archives
  • Cloud services were shut down Aug 31 (stg, prd, etc)
  • Pilot sites finished Aug 25, 2020
  • Final release of MorphicClassic version 1.3.5 r3, released week of June 22, 2020.
  • Any other classic related services shut off during September
  • Code remains on github

Joseph

Tony, Antranig


UIO

(Floe) User Interface (Learner) Options Mobile and Responsive Design

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Justin1




Justin
It appears to be a bug with MS Edge's handling of the selectionchange event when triggered by a programmatic selection change in an iframe. The issue seems to have been resolved in the Dev Channel release of Edge (which is the chromium based version)















Needs design input on user experience of various font-display options for body text.


https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/991
















UIO+ Browser Extension

Infusion

Post Infusion 2.0 Review Meeting Notes

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Review GitHub and NPM teamsColin, Justin





2



  • This documentation is needed to support integrations.



  • Updated the tags in Infusion and Infusion-Dev repos
  • Alan created a tool for generating docpad builds from tags.
Yeoman generator for InfusionAlan
Experimental work on scaffolding tooling for project generation: https://github.com/waharnum/generator-infusion



Work to bring the multilingual spike into core Infusion's examples, and improve the documentation on multilingual UIO.



Justin/Alan3It was decided at the planning meeting on 08 Jan 19 that we would use Alan's fork of the handlebars docked plugin until his PR to the repo has been merged.

Justin3

Justin2







Justin

Justin

Partially fixed



We don't officially support MS Edge 44 any more.




Intelligent User Interfaces

Intelligent User Interfaces and Guidelines for Vulnerable Populations

TaskPeopleEstimateNotes
Populate the wikiLisa, Jon

Determine technical details of the platformJustin

Guidelines reviewLisa, Vera

Floe

Floe Site

TaskPeopleEstimateNotes
Pinecone Web Component LibraryJon/Ned
Move site to 11tySachin/Jon/Gregor

Site updatesJon

New site designCheryl/Dana

Integrations, Collaborations, and Web Admin

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes

Update Floe Site

  • Update partners
Jon

Update UIO Docs with Youtube howto videoJon1dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63DqNgxtsrA
Create a News category for BIG IDeA and show items on the front page.Jon3d
Create a News category for Our Doors are Open and show items on the front page.Jon3d

Jon0.5d







Oakfnd.org - Update the Web Content Guide with answers to questions asked.

Jon,5dInclusive and Accessible Web Content Guide




Drupal Module Updating by OpenConcept team

Mike Gifford's blog post: https://openconcept.ca/blog/mike/personalization-accessibility-drupal

Plugin: https://www.drupal.org/project/fluidui

Ned, Jon2d

Update WordPress plugin to load language files based on WordPress language settings

Originally raised by Ned on behalf of Pressbooks in https://github.com/fluid-project/uio-wordpress-plugin/issues/8

PR in progress: https://github.com/fluid-project/uio-wordpress-plugin/pull/9


IDRC Infrastructure

Task

People

Estimate

Notes

Gio
Scheduled for Saturday 8/15

Design Umbrella: Co-design Toolkit/ILDH/Guide/Design Handbook/Lunchboxes

Inclusive Design Toolkit

The Inclusive Design Guide

http://handbook.floeproject.org/

Design Handbook

Co-design Toolkit

TaskPeopleEstimateNotes
Review the articles on the ILDHJon, Caren5d

Edit as needed

Bring some consistency to each article

Add some framing sentences to relate it back to the ILDH (answer "How is this related to inclusive learning?")

Cut down verbage and link to relevant content instead (i.e. SNOW, Inclusive Design Guide, other ILDH articles, etc.).

Create a "lunchbox" for creating accessible and inclusive web contentJon5d

Jon

On desktop sizes - always show the sidebar

On mobile - consider putting the topics in a menu.

Update user-continued design entry in the Guide, also consider replacing the word "user"Dana, Colin

Multilingual EntryAlan
Based on SJRK localization work, UIO multilingual experiment
Digital Divide EntryAlan
Based on conversations from SJRK and other areas about building tools for audiences that lack reliable internet connectivity, exist on the margins geographically / economically...
Multimodal Design EntryAlan
Based on Guelph presentation https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XV_l73ePNlcIy1iEYjUjRIzpIpRIOqGmsGHK9x7k9yc/edit
Create a landing page for our design toolkit on the IDRC site


Address issues based on feedback from Grace and KathyDana


Nexus science lab video entrySimon/Alan/Caren
What might that look like? "People" to discuss.

SNOW

Website: https://snow.idrc.ocadu.ca/

Task

People

Estimate

Notes

Autism Workshop
Emma/Caren



Mentoring

Project

People

Estimate

Notes

GSoCColin, Gregor, Jonathan, Justin, Tony

2020 program complete. Successful students announced September 8th.

Communication


People

Estimate

Notes

IDRC WebsiteJon

Fluid Project Twitter

Alan/Colin










On Hold


Bodies in Translation

http://bodiesintranslation.ca/

Bodies in Translation

Task

People

Estimate

Notes
Create co-design resources that capture the BiT co-design process and learnings


ILDH Website - On Hold

Task / IssuePeopleEstimateNotes
Complete LinkedIn Learning course on Gutenberg developmentGregor1dMost of the way through the course, running into issues with the sample code and BSOD's in my development environment

Create a skeleton WP site with new ILDH info architecture and some sample content

Gregor5d
Latest designCaren
ILDH Final Design

Inclusive Cities - On Hold

Website: https://cities.inclusivedesign.ca/

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Simon1.5 days

SNOW - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Add the Hewlett and Floe logos to the footer


Jon


SVG logos

Hewlett:

https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/KSXF5D3rQd23JIY

Floe:

https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/bF32jHlGikGNL63

Design sketch in progress (Caren)

Remove AODA logo from home page and add link in sentence about AODA. Move AODA content below SNOW/IDRC descriptor.


Caren
resolved

Fix hover state in prefooter

Jon?

Add SNOW brand graphic to browser tab

Caren
resolved
Articles section on website: verify internal links AND images (with alt text) on all articlesCaren1-2 daysseems to not have automatically ported over links and images. See PhET articles:

Articles

Alan, Caren

part 2 of GSoC. Alan will write a piece including: "Build a service for adaptive content and learning supports" https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6584170814373888/#6648138106929152 (to include the extended audience of educators and learners) and CISL http://www.cast.org/our-work/research-development/projects/center-on-inclusive-software-for-learning.html#.W9sn1XpKjOR

later in November into December

Marketing PlanCaren
in progress. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ry6PyDcV6tSuSsxK8ReVRlNHXyjWemoxLTpn2Gto4pc/edit#heading=h.2dw4mzrx42xo
Recast workshops for OER asynchronousCaren

develop Mental Health workshopCaren
Facilitator and expert has not yet responded to schedule meeting
Write OER content from collected info and post on SNOWCaren2-3 daysDone and posted: https://snow.idrc.ocadu.ca/the-inclusive-classroom/open-educational-resources/

MyL3 - On Hold

Latest mockups for implementation: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/iHnIZDS3cFzxpnC

Latest mockups: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/Irsq4w24gFgEGqF

(Floe) Preference Exploration and Self-Assessment (MyL3)

Importing external data exploration: https://myl3-static.firebaseapp.com/

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes





Wordpress Infrastructure - On Hold


JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes

Figure out and implement an internationalization strategy for wp-a11y

Task specifically for Our Doors are Open:

- French flag click and take to Nos Portes Sont Overtes

- Remove Nos Portes Sont Overtes page from nav

- top navigation to be in French

Jon3d

Other tasks (no Jiras yet)

  • Rename wp-a11y theme to something like 'Floe WP Theme Skeleton' - Postponed
  • Merge Foundation branch into Master - DONE
  • Update BIG IDeA to use Master instead of Foundation branch
  • Update SNOW to use Master instead of Foundation branch
  • Make sure each theme has necessary stuff Wordpress wants for themes (i.e. all necessary release metadata and licenses)



Rescope feedback-post-plugin to BIG IDeA

Make it clear that the plugin is used for BIG IDeA. Re-using it will require modification.
Document todos / issues with wp-a11y-theme, big-idea-theme, and feedback-post-plugin before migrationJon3d

Move Wordpress related repositories to IDI project space:

  • wp-a11y-theme
  • big-idea-theme
  • feedback-post-plugin
Jon1d

Eloisa1dWill update this JIRA as I find tools/resources online.
Describe the Feedback plugin as a generally useful feedback tool (not just for BI)


Evaluate Revisr for Wordpress devJon

Evaluate github workflow for Wordpress devJon

Evaluate gitiumJon
Evaluate incronJon
Wordpress Dev-Deploy Continuous IntegrationGiovanni

Pressbooks - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

a11y review of PBJonOngoing
  • Continuing a11y review.
  • Cover page review done - need to file Github issues. Now moving on to content pages.

UIO Integration for Book themes (May 2018)

Ned, Justin, JonOngoing

Ned to be able to dedicate time after March 19.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

More a11y feedback for Pressbooks book theme (March 2018)Jon?

IDRC to help testing and provide feedback via github issues.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

a11y feedback for Pressbooks dashboard (March 2018)Jon?

IDRC to help testing and provide feedback via github issues.

See notes from Feb meeting with Ned.

CMHR IAD Guide - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Integration of UIO into web version of the IAD

On hold
Accessibility feedback for IAD Guide

Improved a11y of sidebar. PR merged.

Need to confirm CC license on site.

Development of accessible shortcodes for IAD


Development of online resources for CMHR



Docs Platform & Guide - On Hold



People

Estimate

Notes

Jon4d

Pull request

Jon5+ days

Jon5+ days

  • Need to merge FLOE-496.
  • Also need to add an option to print on single 5x10 cards duplex.
Update the content so it can be printed nicelyDana

Examples for using the Cards/GuideDana
Tim and Godfrey had created some examples, we need to include them somewhere.

Infrastructure - On Hold

JIRAPeopleEstimateNotes
Migrate Infusion docs to use the docs templateJon

Refactor the design cards repository so content is separate from the generation toolJon5d
Refactor the ILDH to use the new docs platform structureJon2d
Refactor the First Discovery docs to use the new docs platform structureJon2d
Refactor the Infusion docs to use the new docs platform structureJon5d
  • This task is going to take a little longer because the infusion docs was never fully part of the docs platform.
Jon / Justin2d

  • Working on a new structure for docs.
  • Refactor and leverage npm.
Jon / Justin3d
  • Jon is going to create a personal repo containing SVGs for font generation
  • Justin will look into grunt tasks to generate fonts once SVGs are in place
Jon2d
Jon3d
IDRC WebsiteLisa

Make the IDI site mobile friendly
10d
  • The IDI theme uses the FSS theme. The FSS theme is not mobile friendly.
  • Work should be done to either update the FSS theme, or remove the dependency on the FSS theme and deprecate it.
Website deployment checklistJustin


ILDH - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Go through the ILDH review doc and sort and prioritize issuesJon1dThe document can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xsxgLkZchwKXZak9e8mKSMVQv2uFXbmnE8vp5TUOoEU/edit
Jon2d

https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inclusive+Learning+Design+Handbook+Contributor's+Guide

Will issue pull request when ready; will need to update template to replace link to github with link to contrib guide


4dForces & Motion Basics isn't really a good choice now. John Travoltage is better, but will require updates to the exemplar text content which is additional work.
Create a wiki page of the Floe section of the site which summarizes "Jutta's 7 guidelines to better inclusive learning"Jon1dRough contents contained in an email from March 31, 2015 "Fwd: Core Team Action Items, 3/31"
Redo the information architecture of the ILDH to be more useful


Add a guide about general web accessibilityJon5d


Infusion - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Infusion Documentation Plan






Perhaps using an AUTHORS, CONTRIBUTORS, or COPYRIGHT file.
Consider refactoring infusion repo into a monorepo

  • separate lifecycle of core framework and components
  • Every now and then we will make a form of "LTS" release where we sync up and QA framework and components
  • Will each component be a separate repo in the mono repo?
Remove Progress Component in favour of standard HTML component

Requires a redesign of Uploader that doesn't use our Progress component

Should this be deprecated in a release first?

Antranig




Remove enhancement code for no-js version of Uploader

Should this be deprecated in a release first?

https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/framework/enhancement/js/ProgressiveEnhancement.js










Automate Manual Test plans

Look at Tony's Webdriver work
Establish a practice for "annotating" new changes in the docs

e.g. "Changed in infusion-dev"

Add an automatic link checker as part of the doc build process


For our sites switch to use YouTube video player

Must provide captions for our videos
Update the video entry on the ILDH to help people who want to embed video




Bringing in multilingual spike to Infusion examples, and improving the documentation around localization.

Spike repo: https://github.com/waharnum/uio-multilingual



AChecker - On Hold

JIRA

People

Estimate

Notes

Updating Achecker to work with the newer PHP version, 5.4+

http://atutor.ca/atutor/mantis/view.php?id=5547

Cindy

ON HOLD Not as important as Floe work

Upgrade complete, but some checks not checking; still need access to old Checker for comparison, but not the production site