This summary is still a work in progress, and is actively being worked on. Documenting the persona creation process is still in progress. We'll continue to flesh this out and add details as time permits.
Give the persona a name
Avoid a real person
- More important than accurate
- Don't oversimplify
- May be a spend a lot of time texting friends and be a wiz at Facebook but gets confused by multiple browser windows or tabs.
- User persona not a buyer or manager (of users) persona
- Must be satisfied
- Will have specific interface, separate and unique.
Personas are contextual and specific to the particular problem space and application or service.
Begins with Investigation
- Site Visits
- Everyone on project: Sponsors, Managers, Workers, Users
- Job Shadowing
- Contextual Inquiries
- Previous data & research
- Create many initially...narrow them down...
Identifying Personas - Synthesizing the Raw Data
Diagrams and instructions to come....